Monitor Audio/Good Guys or should i say Bad Guys

Username: Marwp

Post Number: 2
Hi All,
I have been reading this forum for a while but this is my first post. After reading reviews and forums and listening to many different speakers I setteled on the Monitor Audio RS line. I loved the sound and after negotiating with Good Guys I got it in my price range. I ordered RS8, RSFX, RSCTR, RSW12(sub). I have recived the RSCTR and teh RSW12 with no issues. Now comes the fun part. I just recived the RS8s tonight and was so anxious to get them home that I did not look really closely at the boxes. Anyhow when i asked my wife to help me unpack them she noticed a small sticker (like an avery label) that looks like it was printed on and inkjet printer. This sticker was stuck over the edge of the tape which had been opened and re-taped (very carfully i might add). The sticker reads:
"Monitor Audio
As good as it gets
QUALITY CONTROL
OPENED FOR INSPECTION"
Now my wife fliped out and thinks it was and opend box item. I thought that maybe Monitor Audio did it at the factory but the more i think about it it just does not make since. would'nt Monitor Audio do there quality control befor they boxed it up to begin with. On top of it all when i did pull out one of the speakers it has a bad scratch on the side (the outside of the box was not realy damaged...so it must have been opened and put back). Has anyone else experianced anything like this or what do you guys think. I have aready e-mail monitor audio to see if it is there practice to do that.

Sorry for the long post.

M

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1825
You have taken the appropriate first step by contacting the manufacturer. I would also return to the retailer and give them back the damaged speaker(s) and demand an exchange. Then open the box at the store to insure you are getting a new (unopened box) undamaged speaker. I've been there and know what you are going through.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us