McIntosh MC2105

Username: Chuttt

Post Number: 1
Hi all, I'm looking at a used McIntosh MC2105 power amp which is available for about US650. Picture looks nice but I'll listen to it first.... but I'm not really at high end before so what I have is (just) a pair of Polk LSi9 driven by an NAD C352... it sounds really nice but you know we all got itchy quickly and would love to get closer to highend one day but am worrying whether with the speaker the McIntosh will be an overkill or simply doesn't match....

Should I pursue or not? Any comment?

Thanks.

Username: Sigur_ros

Post Number: 3
well. electronics are more important than speakers for good sound IMO. I'd say get the amp. and plan to someday get a mcintosh preamp. then speakers.

as far as overkill goes, the rest will catch up eventually right? and more power means more control over the speaker cone. the amp has to push it out but also pull it back in so. sound usually improves with good amplification. it doesn't just get "louder".

first and formost though. a good cdplayer (or lp player) Thats number one in sound quallity

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5896

Try the Mac. You will probably like it if you enjoy the balance of the NAD sound. With a used McIntosh amp you can sell it for what you paid if you decide it's not for you.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us