Speaker stands

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 385
i now need to get some speaker stands for my Athena AS-B1s. are there certain kinds of stands i need to look at (probably the adjustable ones). will $50 get me good enough ones shipped? thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 55
Um no, $50 unless you get them from ebay isnt going to cut it.

There are some good thick sanus systems ones that are full wood and a little area to hide the speaker wire that retail for $100 but can be had on ebay for $40 I think. That's what I use with my Fluance and it works great.

P.S read my review please. hehe

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
well im an ebay addict ill check them out thanks

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 614
sanus makes good stuff. try overstock.com. i know they have/had sanus speaker stands. i have sanus 36" stands cost me $100 but they are solid and well worth it.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2599
Either that, or you could buy two cheap beanbag chairs, and mount them that way.
HEH

Bronze Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 59
ya thanks paul....check out my review guys1

I would appreciate it!

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2270
db-bass,

look up Wood Technology, they make great wooden and metal stands. I got a pair for about $75 shipped from Amazon, they were worth every penny.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009W5R9

Buy.com also carries them I think. Google up the manufacturer's website.

Also partsexpress.com has some good deals on stands. Make sure that the tweeters are at least ear level with your listening position.

Silver Member

Post Number: 389
alright thanks everybody. i might also build my own, depends on if i can get up off my azz.

Username: Nalow

Lincoln, Ne USA

Post Number: 7
also try out www.racksandstands.com
They have a HUGE selection of stands there.

I also second the "wood technology" brand that Edster recommended. Good stuff. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5879

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/accessories/55.html

Bronze Member
Username: Pbdr

Post Number: 57
I have the Wood Technology stands that Edster recommended (got after he did the first time) and they work good for my mirages (the mirage stands are like 180 EACH).

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 410
don't get adjustable stands. get sand fillable stands. i picked up a 28" pair of atlantis stands for about $100 at ACI. i went a long time without filling them even though i bought them intending to from the start.

once i filled them, my imaging and midrange tightened up significantly. i admit to being dubious of tweaking tips i read in reviews (don't get me started on demagnetizing CDs! LOL) but rigid, well damped stands do make a difference. there's really is something to the concept of coupling speakers to your stands. (i also used dollar store "blu tack")

i believe the reviews that stated that wood stands aren't the best choice as they tend to store energy more. if you don't believe it, knock on a 2 by 4 then knock on a sand filled stand. my stands make no noise now and they did improve my minimonitors.

i'd also avoid multi pillar stands in which you can route your cables through one of them. if you can't fill the pillar, it will ring like a doorbell.

if you weren't going to sandfill, i'd say wood is better than hollow steel, but sand or lead filled stands are rock solid.

speaking of rocks...

if you want to go the super cheap route and don't care about looks... cinder blocks make great non resonant stands. i'd hate to see what they do to your speakers if the get knocked down though.

atlantis SB stands $100/24" $110/28"
http://www.audioc.com/accessories1/atlantis/atstands.htm
the price has gone up, but these were the best bargain i could find in sand fillable stands which are usually closer to $200 for 28"-30".

audio advisor has a pretty good selection and sometimes has some decent values, but most of their stands are closer to the $200 range.
at a quick glance, the apollo A3 stands at just $130 look pretty nice. if all 3 tubes are fillable... you'd have some serious mass loading.
http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/categorylisting.asp?hdnCat=Speaker+Stands&sel= 1&CategoryID=55

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 411
looking deeper at adio advisor... they've got alot more cheap speaker stands now. for $100, their atlantis pro stands (20" & 28") look like a great bargain. the top plate would be too big for my tiny superzeros, but would be nice for most bookshelf speakers. in the past... similar 2 large pillar stands from other makers would cost $200 or more.

anyone looking for stands, AA has some good values at the moment.

Bronze Member
Username: Mojoracer

Post Number: 16
If anyone cares, I just picked up some stands at Fry's Electronics for $49.95. They come with two different brackets for bookshelves or satellites. Also adjustable 24 to 48". They're very stable, they had to be with a 3 y/o running around. See them at http://www.studiotech.com. In black or silver. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us