Digital Coax use???

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 381
i saw another guy with my same question but no replies so ill try my luck. I just bought a digital coax cable and now im wondering what it is used for. does it replace the video/audio interconnects that came with the dvd player or does it need to be plugged in along with the red, white, yellow cable.. thanks a bunch

Read A Manual
Unregistered guest
The digital coax (or optical) cable is to send the digital audio signals to your processor. You will still need have a separate video connection either direct to your display or to a video input (or inputs) on your processor/receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 612
why didnt you read the description on the back of the packaging, or even the manual for your reciever? there is a reason why it is called a digital audio cable and sold with the audio cable products. now if your question was about hdmi then that is a different story.

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 382
well its called a digital coax cable not a digital audio cable, although thats what you know it as.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 538
db,

It's OK, I had some similar issues when I started putting everything together. Christopher, lighten up, he's a newbie, he finally got all his new system purchased and home and he's looking for a little assistance, not a comment. Read a couple of his other threads and you would know he's newbie. Hey, I've been there recently and also found stupid having to ask.

So, do as RAM suggested. There should be a digital coax 1 and 2 on the back of the receiver and run it from the receiver to the DVD player and you'll still need component or composite connection for your video. Also, if you have a SACD or DVD-A player, you're going to want to look into SACD analog cables as well. Good luck and enjoy. Dave.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us