Panny xr-55 pushing floor speakers

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 379
I just got my new panny thanks to you guys. im excited to get everything hooked up but only have my two Athena AS-B1's. i will soon get tower speakers (AS-F2's), but am making sure my panny will be able to push them fully. It puts out 100wx7, and the towers can handle 250w. Will my panny do the job? thanks guys, also the back of the receiver says 135w, what does this mean?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4049
Yes they will be fine. Just enjoy it and stop worrying!

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2199
should be fine, I've read about people powering 4 ohm Maggies with them so the F2s should be a piece of cake. I ditto Berny.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 534
db,

Congratulations. I know it was a long wait and you did it right. You asked lots of questions, explored every angle and now it's time to sit back and enjoy. BTW, those AS-B1s will make great surrounds with the AS-F2s, nice matching timbre and you'll be living large. Again, congrats.

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 380
just wanted to say thanks to everyone. ill let you all know how it sounds when i get the floor speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2204
Just a heads up: with the Athenas you might have to reduce the treble and increase the bass setting on the Panny if it sounds too bright.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us