HK matches with Paradigm?

Username: Mariachi

Post Number: 1
I have an HK amplifier 70w x channel. Im undecided about what speakers to buy. Being in Mexico city, options are limited, but in the $1000 - $1500 range I have found Paradigm, B&W (bookshelf), Canton (German brand), Klipsch and the most common ones (Polk, JBL, etc.)

Any recommendation? I've been thinking about studios 60 from Paradigm. Any advice?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 458
bernado:

I can give my recommendation, but realize you may prefer a different sound. Each of the speakers you mention are very good products worthy of a look. However, I find H/K amps to be very laid back in their sound and the last thing I would want to pair it with is a speaker that is also laid back sounding. I absolutely love the Paradigm Studio 60 speaker, but it is a very laid back sounding speaker. Combined with an H/K, you may find the sound to be somewhat "veiled" and even boring. So try them with your amp in your home if at all possible, before you commit to buying them.

My choice would be the Cantons. Cantons are a bit on the bright side, which makes them the perfect match, IMO, for the H/K amp, and are a very fine sounding speaker. Klipsch is another brand I believe would be a great match for the H/K. As both are a bit bright, they can deliver all of the detail the H/K is capable of producing without it getting lost.

I often liken this to sitting in a large concert hall. Pairing the H/K with the Paradigms is like sitting in the back row fo the hall. Cantons will put you on row 8 and Klipsch on row 5. B+Ws are about row 18. It all depends upon where you want to sit.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Username: Blues

Post Number: 7
Have you considered the new Infinity Beta line?

Username: Mariachi

Post Number: 2
Thanks Hawk. Very helpful. I'll take a closer look to the Cantons and even to Polks RTi8 I found recently.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us