Nad C352 and B&W DM602.5S3

Username: Babuu

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I have never owned true hifi but hopefully I am about too! I have saved all the money I can a long time and I dont want to regret what I buy. So I would like to hear your opinions on my choice: a Nad C352 together with B&W DM602.5S3

Is this a good combination? I prefer a warm sound rather than a bright sound that maybe more "hifi perfect".

Thx in advance,
babuu

Username: Bvan

Post Number: 1
The 352 is a fine amp having owned it prior to my Arcam upgrade. like wise for B&W before I moved to Dynaudio. Nad and B&W are concidered to have great synergy together are near unbeatable at that price level in my opinion.

one suggestion though: if you interest is more music than movies, or if you will use the speakers with a sub, I would suggest maybe the 602 s3 standmounter. try to demo it if you can.

b.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 483
PSB is another speaker company worth looking into if you're going the NAD route. They have a long history of being outstanding togther. They are now also owned by the same parent company - Lenbrook. I'm not saying they will be better or worse than B&W's, just different. Personally, I prefer PSB's, but that's just me. It can't hurt to listen to them.

Username: Babuu

Post Number: 2
As I have understood, the 602.5S3 are 602S3:s with a larger cabinet for more bass, to fill a larger room. I have thought of the 602S3:s together with a sub, but then the price is higher than the 602.5:s. I want a warm sound that can fill a 20 square meter room, it does not need to be an extremely powerful bass like you would need in trance music for example. The DM602.5S3 has only two elements which would mean that the elements can be expensive and good. I listened to them with the c320bee in the store and they sounded better than the dm309 speaker. But it is difficult in the large store to know what it will sound like at home.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us