Help me hook up 2000 watt amp to home system please =)

Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 2
ok i just need to find a power source for my amp... it has GND RMT and 12+v for power source... i assume that u cxan use a 12v ac adapter ( the one u plug into the wal... i cut of the end skinned the wire and it doesnt work is there a tutorial on this somewhere? can someone give me a link or just breifly tell me how this works? thanks much

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3826
You can't just take 12v adapter and think that it will work out fine. You need something that can put out as much amperage as a car electrical system. You are going to need a big adaptor. Go to radio shack or ask your local car stereo dealer how they power the headunit and amps that they have on display at the store.

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 302
if you want to use a car amp (why do SO many people want to do this?) you could simply use a battery charger as your power supply. i did that with my car's tape deck when my car quit working before i bought a boom box.

by the time you buy a decent enough 12v power supply that has enough current to REALLY power an amp, you could just buy a 100 wpc stereo reciever for around the same dollars.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3845
Maybe it looks cool:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us