NAD T973 with Outlaw 990 Preamp setup for HT

Bronze Member
Username: Dixlon

Post Number: 18
I'm lookibg to get NAD T973 with Outlaw 990 Preamp setup for HT. Good quality for the cost. Does anybody agree?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 237
i'm not totally sold on NAD. i have an older 20-25wpc NAD stereo reciever whose LED display was already broken when i bought it and has since gotten worse.

the shop where i bought quit carrying NAD claiming reliability issues as the reason and started carrying marantz instead.

i also didn't care for the overly polite treble with my soft dome tweetered NHT superzeros which sounded like they were under a blanket with the NAD but really opened up and started imaging better with a$250 5 X 55wpc onkyo dts reciever.

if you have really bright speakers (eg. metal domes) NAD might work better. if i didn't end up blowing mine when my sub wires shorted it out, i could test it on my misson m71s which are painfully bright on the onkyo reciever.

the biggest perk to NAD that i can think of is that it's the cheapest amplification you can buy that will handle the 4 ohm loads of magnepan speakers without self destructing.

my personal experience with NAD hasn't been the greatest.

i will say this though... even though the NAD is only rated to the equivalent of 40-50wpc, it can rattle my walls without clipping using my 93dB 12" sub.

NAD is not afraid of bass... just treble. LOL

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 859
Budget minded

Have you tried to get hold of some spare parts, LEDS are cheep, in most corners of the world......

Username: Stephen_m

Post Number: 1
Keep in mind that NAD is now 100% owned by Lenbrook, and since then the reliability has gone up exponentially. My (rather extensive) experience with the recent NAD products has been fantastic. Absolutely the best performance for the dollar.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3475
Nice combo DixLon. :-)
Why not go with Outlaw Audio all the way? The Outlaw Audio 770 power amp is a great unit.

Bronze Member
Username: Dixlon

Post Number: 19
Berny,

I Outlaw Audio 770 is a 200w amp which I don't need for a small room..or am I mistaken?
Dixlon

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3477
I really don't think so, but you could always scale back on the volume:-)

There is also the Outlaw 7125 which is rated at 125w/channel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us