Polk LSi series

Bronze Member
Username: Frostyda9

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 21
I do quite a bit of lurking on these boards, and time and time again I see references to the same speakers...Totem, B&W, Dynaudio, Paradigm, etc. but I rarely see any posts regarding the Polks. Has anyone had any real world experience with these speakers? They look good on paper but I am wondering how that translates to real world performance...I haven't been able to audition them yet. At the ~1000 price level, would you even put them in the same league as say.. the Totem Rainmakers?

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 502
Frosty they can compete,they have very high quality parts and a rock solid cabinet design.I owned the LSi 15s for a year they are very good,but they need high quality gear to performe at thier best,just keep that in mind.What kind of gear do you have?

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 849
Frosty, I auditioned the Lsi9's when I was shopping for new speakers. I love their sound and their look, but I settled for the Rainmakers. Although the Polk's do a great job with the full range(might even say the midrange was a little better with the Polk), the Rainmakers excelled at low end and just pulled of highs with such ease. I guess I could say I found the Rainmakers more fun. Also try Bohlender/Graebener Z-1's if you want to spend a little less.

Bronze Member
Username: Frostyda9

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 22
Right now I'm using my tried and true Yammie receiver. Not exactly hifi, but it gets the job done. I'm planning to upgrade my amplification also, but due to some video shielding (or lack thereof) issues I'm having with my new TV, speaker upgrading is my absolute #1 priority right now...after this is remedied, it will be Arcam or NAD time hopefully =)

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 850
I have an older NAD 3240PE powering those and it is a very sweet combo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us