New family room speakers. im lost.

Bronze Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 92
Alright guys, ive been into car audio for a little while now, but i want to focus on my family room now. I know NOTHING about home audio so i turn to you guys for help. AS of now i have a Onkyo TX-8410 receiver and 4 cambridge soundworks speakers on floor stands and a good sub. It sounds decent but i want something with good/great SQ. i have a $1000-$1500 budget and cannot exceed that. My room is about 15ft x 40ft (connects to kitchen) but the speakers will only be in the family room (15ft x 20ft). they also need to be on floor stands like the Focal Hip stand for the Sid. Thanks for your guys help!

-Jace

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 709
Jace,

There are many solutions available to you. First of all let's talk application. Are you looking to put together a simple 2-channel stereo system or a full home theatre surround sound system? Also, do you intend to change the receiver or stick with it? If you stick with it, your $1000 becomes less diluted. If you don't, then the $1000 has to cover more things.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 94
well i can actualy keep it or replace the receiver. The speakers will be intended for music only. no surround sound/theatre. We listen to soft rock, jazz, and oldies mostly. so i want something musical and full. If i replace mu receiver then i would spend more around $1500. thanks for your help

Barnacle
Unregistered guest
Will you be keeping the sub? Do you need to tune in radio stations?

Bronze Member

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 95
yeah i will keep the sub, and i will need to tune in radio stations.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 774
NAD c720BEE and Totem Rainmakers, whew what a combo.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 775
Of course go and listen to anything we suggest here and see for yourself. We do not own your ears so our tastes may be different.

Bronze Member

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 96
will the rainmakers be able to produce good rock music also? and maybe the very so often outcast cd? (i love that cd lol). we're very diverse in music tastes in this house, but we listen to soft rock/oldies/jazz mostly.

-would i also be able to crank it? i have 4 speakers now that work fine, but we like to crank it up so you can hear it throughout the house.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us