HARMAN kARDON AVR 635

Username: The_lord

Kuwait

Post Number: 7
PLEASE ADVISE ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE OF HARMAN KARDON AVR635 - 7X75WATTS 7.1CH

HOW ARE THEY COMPARE TO THE DENON & YAMAHA

ALSO PLEASE ADVISE ABOUT THE POWER RATINGS, DENON & YAMAHA HAS 110 WATTS PER CHANEL IS THE HARMAN KARDON 75WATTS EQUIVALENT TO IT.

Username: Bmo

Tehachapi, Calif USA

Post Number: 4
I don't know for sure if the 635 is comparable to the 110 watt a channel Yamaha and Denon, but I do know that it has no problems supplying enough power to Monitor Audio RS 8's( power handling RMS 175 W ) with watts to spare.I was told I needed at least 100 watt per channel reciever to feed the MA RS 8's.After purchassing the MA RS 8's and RS LCR , I hooked them up to my HK 65 before decidding on my new reciever. The 65 produced enough power that my origional replacement choice , the 635, was a slam dunk.The 635 is a wonderful step up from my HK 65, but I can't knock the Denon or Yamaha because I haven't compared.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 354
As Bill pointed out in his real world experience, H/K makes a powerfull receiver. They also handle lower impedences well, which is an even better indication of it's real power. I don't know which specific Denon and Yamaha models you're referring to, but in general I would take H/K over the others any day. Denon's notoriously don't handle low impedences well; even though your speakers may be rated at 8 ohms, they will most likely dip down significantly lower. Yamaha is know for over inflating power ratings. I would say (again, I don't know which specific models you're referring to) the H/K's true power is at least equivilent, if not better than the others.

Username: The_lord

Kuwait

Post Number: 10
I am talking about Denon AVR3805, Yamaha RXV2500
and HK AVR635.

Please let me know if the HK AVR635 is comparable to the Denon and Yamaha

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 365
I'm not too sure, but most likely. Try posting in the receivers section. There are a lot of people there who would be able to help more than I can.

Unregistered guest
If you get a chance to compare those 3 brands in surround mode, try the Logic-7 from HK. The 75 watts thing might not mean so much afterwards. Speaker sensitivity makes a difference too. A personal favorite would be the Infinity Beta series as they start at 90db.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us