Crossover change

Bronze Member
Username: Occam

Post Number: 33
Can I change the crossovers or the crossover frequencies of my speakers? I mean speakers like Klipsch, Infinity, etc.

Bronze Member
Username: Devils_advocate

Post Number: 64
You can upgrade the parts in the crossover. I wouldn't recommend heavy modification though.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1013
Depends on the speaker. It may be worth doing to an already expensive speaker, since it won't be cheap. For example, it's said that the Klipsch RF-7 can be dramatically improved with a crossover upgrade that uses a different design and better quality parts.

Expect to pay several hundred dollars.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4671

neil - Why would you think this is a good idea? Are you unhappy with the X-over frequency as it exists? What would you change it to and how would you determine whether you got it right? What's the purpose of wanting to change the X-overs?

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1016
Clarification on my post... The aftermarket crossovers I mentionned for Klipsch do not change the crossover frequencies much, if at all. They may the output of each driver and alter the crossover slopes.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 319
For cross-over research, building, and design, I recomend Great Sound Stereo Manual by David B. Weems. The hardcopy 1990 eddition.

http://www.alibris.com/search/books/author/Weems,%20David%20B.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us