Cd player doesnt play cdr?

Username: Olides

Post Number: 1
i am currently using an old technics cd player (sl-p520). it works fine with normal cds, however when i put a burned cdr in it is very tempremental. for example, i put an old kodak cd i found in the player and it loaded up fine, like a nomral cd, but when i put in a new datawrite one it didnt even spin the disc! i also tried burning sony cds at slow speed, but they did not work either. i really like the sound quality of this player, but i think i may have to get a new one to play cdr. what good quality cd players are there for under £200?

nout
Unregistered guest
About your Technics not playing cdr's; it may have different causes: (as you tried already) burn at different speeds, use another brand cdr, be sure you "finalize" the burn session (I don't know which burn programm you use).
It also may be the cd players tray mechanism which doesn't move accurate, you can trie clean the metal pins (I don't know how to call them) over which the tray moves.
But I suspect the player is just picky.

Cd players for under £200?

Marantz cd 5400 (£150), but be sure to get the latest one: Marantz Guy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 12:43 pm:
Serial #s starting with MZXX0449 and higher should be okay (first two #s do not matter)....MZXX0448 and lower there is a chance you will see this issue.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/102879.html

Or the NAD C521BEE (£200)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us