Dynaudio 42 vs PSB image 25 vs paradigm mini monitor

hursh
Unregistered guest
hi,i need opinion on these speakers for yamaha rxv1400,i cant audition them just counting on your opinions,pls input what you guys know about this speakers to match with yamaha........thanks very much.

hursh

Bronze Member
Username: Twochordcool

Post Number: 49
good luck!

I am interested in 2 of 3 of the speakers that you mentioned, plus about 8 others!

everyone recommends something different!

Silver Member
Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 128
If you planning on adding amps later on then I would say the Dynaudios. If you don't plan on upgrading then a fairly sensitive 8 ohm speaker is the way to go. Also what are you listening habits and is this for HT mostly or more stereo listening?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1300
Timothy is right we all have our biases. I like all three of the speakers you've listed. The Paradigm is a good all around speaker if you are on a budget. I would also suggest looking at the Epos ELS 3. PSB makes a fine speaker and I believe that the Dynaudio is perhaps in a league ahead of these other speakers. All of these speakers require a quality amplifier to perform their best.

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 364
The B25 is very good for the money with some serious low 40 htz. extention that sounds pretty good.The Mini monitor very similar in performance to the B25 a little bit more foward in the midrange,the Epos els3 is the bargain of the bunch very tonally acurate not quite the bass extention of the other 2,but it has very natural midbass thats intoxicating with accoustic music.The Dynaudios are a stirring buy they do everything well except for soundstaging depth.You might want to try the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 a little bit warmer sounding than the others,Onix 250 rocket mk 2 has a Vifa ring tweater with very nice extention thats smooth without being earpiercing.The Epos M5 is a very good choice it does everything the els3 does but better and bigger and a pretty real wood finish I almost bought them last week,but I deciced on the Odyssey Epiphonies with one of the biggest widest,deepest soundstages you can buy regardless of price and a host of other talents that Im still amazed by and still learning after 4 days.Last but not least our very own Tims Lings talked about heavilly on many other threads on this forum for $399 better act soon I have feeling they wont cost that for to long.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Hey Tawaun!

I was interested in the Diamond 9.1's, but I am looking for a way to "rule out" certain speakers...

And the Diamond 9.1, Monitor Audio Bronze B2, Quad 11L and Castle Richmond 3i speakers seem a bit on the small side - and the latter 2 are out of my price range.

Do you guys think that the B&W DM601/2 S3, PSB Image B25, JMlab Chorus 706 S, Paradigm Mini Monitor and Monitor 3's are superior speakers to the smallish speakers that I mentioned in the previous paragraph?

Silver Member

Post Number: 366
No not at all I've owned the Bronze 2s and the 602 S3 they were both very good for the price.Of the ones that you listed the Dynes would be the one I would go for or the Epos M5.Where are you? if you are in the US I would check out the Odyssey Epiphony they throw a scary soundstage with great detail and 40 htz bass here is their site www.odysseyaudio.com

hursh
Unregistered guest
gud day tawaun,james,guys

is the epos a sonically good match for yamaha 1400? using it for 60%movies and 40%music,jazz,mostly accoustic music,i really prefer a very deep soundstage,clarity,great detail.my budget is just fits for the paradigm mini monitor,cc270,adp170 and a sub ps1000.or can you pls recommend a set with this price range.i just learn that we have a dealer for the epos here in the philippines.......thanks truely

hursh

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1306
That's a pretty good setup for the money. Enjoy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Tawaun, the B&W DM602 S3's are 50% more money than the Monitor Audio Bronze B2's -

are you getting 50% more speaker? Anyone?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
and the Dynaudio 42 goes for 400 GBP - about $750 - out of my price range.

as well as the Epos M5, which go for 349 GBP - about $650 - also out of my price range!

Well, didn't mean to hijack a thread but I just don't think it's fair to compare the Dynaudio 42's with the other 2 because they are about $300 to $350 more than the other 2.

And once you do that you open a whole new can of worms by contemplating spending another $50 or $100 for Paradigm Studio 20's or something like that -

speakers should only be compared to speakers in their same price range - unless they really can truly stand up to a speaker costing far more than them.

hursh
Unregistered guest
hi timothy,

here in the philippines the paradigm mini monitor cost 20,600 in philippine peso about u.s $367 and the dynadio 42 cost 24,000 peso about $428 u.s,the psb image b25 is 25,600 pesos about u.s $457.as i mention earlier about my budget it fits so that is why i compared it........thanks for the input tim,am in the province of the pilippines and most of the dealer are in manila,so i cant audition it comfortly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
The B&W DM602 S3's are 50% more money than the Monitor Audio Bronze B2's -

are you getting 50% more speaker? Anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1664
You would be getting roughly 6.6% more speaker for that price difference:-)

Havent you seen the formula?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Man, I'm being serious - I know it was a bizarre way to put it, but I have to find a way to eliminate certain speakers from my shopping/wish list -

for example:

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's are $314 a pair, and Monitor Audio Bronze B2's are $349 a pair, and they are regarded by many as phenomenal/amazing bookshelf speakers...

but B&W DM602 S3's are $523 a pair, and THEY TOO are considered phenomenal/amazing speakers by many, and I am leaning this way, but I only want to do it if they are a considerable improvement over the supposed great/amazing/phenomenal speakers that are $200 less!

Bronze Member
Username: Agimat

Post Number: 90
Hursh,

where did you find the 42 for P24,000? I'm from Manila also.

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
They are a huge step up from $200 speakers,not really in the bass,but over all detail and soundstaging and imaging.Dynamics to boy! when I think about $300 to $400 range the Epos els 3s really stick out to me,with their vast talents.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
Tawaun, I'm sorry, but nobody mentioned $200 speakers - the cheapest speakers mentioned in this entire thread are the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, which are $314 a pair.

Besides the Epos speakers, which speakers are you comparing/referring to?

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1667
Tim,
The only way you'll know if to track them down and let your ears decide. Never buy front speakers without listening to them first.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
impossible to track them all down -

I have got a dealer of PSB and JMlab speakers about an hour from here, but this guy does not seem very eager to sell any speakers - I can't seem to get ahold of him and set a time and a place to come listen to them.

I think a good portion of these dealers are real snobs - a lot of them seem to do custom home theaters and that is where the big bucks are - when it comes to selling budget speakers to the small guy they seem to shirk their responsibilities of being a regions dealer for a particular product.

I'm fixing to say "#$%^ it" and go ahead and buy 3 pairs of B&W DM602 S3's - I really don't think I can go wrong with these, but I wanted to give other speakers a listen before I pulled the trigger on these - this has been taking way too long and I need to purchase speakers so that I can move on to doing research on the next components of my home theater -

besides that, I have the money for this but the longer it takes I inevitably start to spend the money set aside for these things on other things.

Silver Member

Post Number: 377
You cant go wrong with 602s they are detailed and have midsized floorstander bass should be very good for home theater.If you feel that you like them then get them.I have a ton of respect for that speaker,it really is one of the true hifi bargains out there for all it offers.

hursh
Unregistered guest
larz,

am from cebu,most of the dealers are in manila,but the dynaudio 42,we have a dealer here in SM mall cebu,store name "creative audio" tel-(032)231-9377.

hursh
Unregistered guest
if am going to order a set of HT speakers online,am just worried adout the custom,will they charge taxes on speakers? anybody?

hursh
Unregistered guest
larz,
the dynaudio 42 at creative audio is p20,250 if you prefer wood it cost 22,250,if you pay in cash theres another less of 5%.

Bronze Member
Username: Agimat

Post Number: 91
Thanks Hursh. Wow what a great price! What about the 42C how much is it?

Thanks again

hursh
Unregistered guest
larz,

42c, same price as 42's.

good day!
hursh

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us