Hello, hopefully some can answer this question???

Username: Fingertips

Post Number: 1
Hello, I have a problem with my Rotel RA-971 running Infinity reference 2000.2. I had bought these many years ago, and actually had the Rotel replaced by Rotel with a refurbished amp about 3-4 years ago. Something has been happening recently and I can only guess it is a problem with heat, but I do not have the knowledge to determine that. After about 30-60 minutes of being on, an electrical/static like sound is heard coming through the speakers that can be low or very high in volume, forcing me to turn it off. If I wait a while, I can turn it back on, only to have the problem repeat 30-60 minutes later. While it is on, the volume has never been high. If someone has any idea what could be causing this, could you please advise? thank you

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4584

If the problem is consistent and repeatable, it is probably a problem with the amplifier. It could be anything from a bad solder joint to a bad transistor. Most likely it is several semiconductors reacting to a problem in one of them. The parts will have to be resoldered or replaced.

Try the amplifier with another pair of speakers if possible just to eliminate any possibility of the amp developing problems with the speakers. This is an unlikely situation but you will be able to tell the tech you tried it to check. The problem is very unlikely to be in the speakers and swapping out will indicate the problem is in the amp. In that case, the problem will require the assistance of a technician.

Username: Fingertips

Post Number: 2
thanks for your help Jan, i'll let you know how it goes

Bryan-Man
Unregistered guest
I need help on selecting a system. I am looking at this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5791312970&fromMakeTrack= true ...but I am not sure. It seems like a really good deal, but there are always scams out there. I also am not sure on what a good amount of RMS output is. Please help.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4599

Bryan - Begin another thread. That link goes nowhere.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us