Nad C370 / C372 Anything else I should consider?

Bronze Member
Username: Ornlu

Post Number: 31
I posted this in the receiver forum too, but I realized that it's an integrated amp... so I figured I'd post here too.

I have an Onkyo 8511 paired with Athena AS-F2's I have two very well powered subwoofers that completely handle everything sub 65 hz and I need to replace the onkyo because i don't like the "brassy" thin sound... I know this is amp specific because the athenas sing with our denon and even that's not an "amazing" amplifier.

What I'm looking for is a RICH sound. Not tinny at all, that's what I want to avoid. I know that pretty much anything in the high end will handle this, but I need a non-bright amp to pair with the athenas.

After researching this for a few months I've sort of settled on the C370 or 372 depending on what I can find cheap. (I'm patient). But I am always open to suggestions. ANy input?

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 393
Either would be a good choice.

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 271
Nad would be a good choice if you want a warm, non-bright sound. I favour the C370 for it's airey midrange but the C372 is even warmer. Both are great amps with slight plus-points for each. Probably easier to pick up a used C370 at the moment.

Alfonso Reyes
Unregistered guest
ROBERT JUST WAIT UNTIL AUGUST THATS WHEN THE NEW NAD C572 IS COMING OUT THIS IS NAD'S NEW TRI-HYBRID PURE DIGITAL TUBE AMP, MAN YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT IT DOES TO MUSIC ITS LIKE YOU DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN AND FUNNY THING IS IT COSTS ABOUT THE SAME AS YOUR HORRIBLE ONKYO 8511.

BO-BOOM BOOM BOOM BO-BOOM CHUCKA BOOM BOOM BO BO BOOMY BOOM BOOM!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
How do you know it will sound great? I'd like to get a tube sound but to be honest... I like to crank my set.. Really crank it... Hence why I have a concert amp for my subs...

Plus, I can't find any info on the C572. And I really don't see how it's going to cost the same as the onkyo.. I paid $125 for it refurb.

Alfonso Reyes
Unregistered guest
ROBERT MAN IT'S OUT THERE, THE C572 IS OUT THERE BUT YOU JUST GOTTA KEEP LOOKIN AND HEY DON'T GIVE UP THE GOOD FIGHT YEAH!

IF YOU DONT FIND THE C572 RELAX IT WILL COME FIND YOU SO JUST GO WITH THE FLOW AND SAY ALHAMBRA DABBA KALAMAZOO!

Username: Bumblebee

Post Number: 1
Robert,

There's no C572.

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 394
Another loser who has nothing else better to do!

nout
Unregistered guest
and say ALHAMBRA DABBA KALAMAZOO!

...which means: ALFONSO REYES IS A WANKER

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Man that's annoying...

Claus
Unregistered guest
Sun King,
from other threads it looks as if you are very much into NAD and have tried out several.
I'm looking for an integrated amp with attack and drive; these days I have borrowed a Marantz PM7200 but think it lacks drive, but I like its mid and highs. Do you think NAD C372 or C370 would be better for the missing drive?

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 430
I am not SunKing but after owning many a NAD, I can say that the 372 would certainly respond to your needs. It has so much reserve power that drive is not a problem and its mid range is also very entertaining.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 117
Perhaps nad's new master series would interest you. Check out these pics http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=563866

That integrated amp looks so damn sweet !!!

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 434
WOW!!!!!!! I think I just died! Looks like NAD is out to compete with the big boys here! I hope those pictures are legit because today anyone can make things up. Anybody else hear about these products?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us