Is this normal

Username: Rossbhoy

Post Number: 2
when the AUX device is playing it can be heard on all other channels and at almost the same volume. its is not just backround noise it comes through just slightly under the volume of the output selected. i.e when listening to a CD if something is playing on the aux input it will also be heard. This only happens on the AUX. I can listen to a cd with the tuner on at the same time and not here the tunner.

i have a cambridge audio azur amp

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4484

Turn off the source connected to the AUX input.

Post Number: 3
mostly that is the case. the AUX source off when i listening to another source, but i am just wondering if is a fault in the amp or is this a common problem. I dont remember the AMP having this problem when i got it.

Thnaks

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4487

This is a problem with the switching circuit of the pre amplifier section. Analog switches can develop oxidation over time which can lead to bleed through. This would require a thorough cleaning to solve the problem. Electronic switching should not develop this problem if it truly didn't exist when the amp was new. How certain are you the problem has developed and wasn't there in the first place? Did you have anything plugged into the AUX input at that time?

Post Number: 4
The Amp is less than a year old. I think the problem was there before but was no where need as bad. The AUX input is my PC and i have listened to CDs before with the pc on and not heard anything but sometimes if the CD source was not palying (i.e changing CD) but CD was selected sound from the AUX could be heard if the amp volume was up about 10 or 11 o clock. Now i can listen to the AUX selecting any source on the amp with only loosing a small ammount of volume.

i mean it is not cauisng much of a problem but as the amp is less than a year i am wondering weather return it under warrenty incase the other sources fall vicitm to this problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us