Non powered Sub to get power?


Unregistered guest
I bought a harmon kardon avr135 reciever. The speakers I have are from a old sound system i bought last year. They are good speakers. However all of them including the sub uses speaking wire. Not a problem for the speakers but big problem for the can probably find a scematic for the reciever to see what im talking about but the only space for a sub on it is for a pre-amp powered sub. Is there a small amplifier that I can hook a positive and neg wire to so that I can hook it up to a pre amp in port in the reciever...

i hope i explained this clear enough

New member
Username: Billie_sallie

Post Number: 10
Registered: Jul-05
Good question. I have the same problem. A non-powered sub and only a pre-amp RCA jack on the reciever for it.

What is the standard wiring for this? Use the front speaker amp terminals, wire to the sub, then out to the front speakers? The sub has left & right, + & -, input & ouptut posts. That's got to impair on the amp load for the fronts as well as the sub.

How does one power a non-powered sub in order to use the pre-amp sub RCA jack?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us