Bridged RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 250W x 2 @ 14.4V
Speaker Level Inputs: No
Preamp Outputs: Yes
Built-In Crossovers: HP/LP
Bass Boost: 0 - 12 dB
Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio: >100 dB
Fuse Rating: 2 x 30 amps

How do I hook up the speakers to the amp?
I mean I've done it several times, but I've always had the same number of speakers as amp hook-ups. I tried researching online, and am confused by the ohm ratio change when you put three on four. I just want to know the wiring scheme that would be the safest for my speakers and amp while giving the most power to the speakers.

Any ideas would be helpful and appreciated. thanks

Bkj
Unregistered guest
well there are a few ways, you could simply miss a channel out and put 1 to each sub, simply.

there is a more complicated way seeing how u have dual voice coil speakers, however your amp at 2ohms runs at 250w RMS, this is over the RMS limit on your subs so that is NOT advisable.

I suggest either going with my first option or getting an amp that has an RMS value lower than 200w at 2omhs.

if u want to know mroe then feel free to email me at badkarmajunior@hotmail.com and I will do my best to help you out!

bkj
Unregistered guest
erm my bad just noticed ur amp rating at bridged is in 4ohms. (is that meant to be 4 or is it a mistake?)

if ur amps bridgable i would have thought that should have been 2 ohms. never the less, out of that setuo the best way with the stuff u have atm is to run 1 channel to each sub, and just leave 1 empty, no harm done there!

Anonymous

Cool,

Thanks for the reply...I had another question...

What if I ran the speakers in a series, using only one positive and one negative terminal on the amp? (the first positive and last negative terminal) Would this be safe and produce good sound?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us