Acoustic Energy Evo One speakers

Adam Creasy
I have just purchased a pair of Acoustic Energy Evo One speakers, a NAD C320 BEE Amp and a NAD C521i Cd player. The system doesn't sound particulary great, the bass isn't that solid and its boomy, I'm wondering whether its because they're on cheap stands in the corner of the room. Would it be worth trying to fill the stands even though their not supposed to be. Also are banana plugs recommended instead of using bare wire wrapped aroung the terminals.
I would be grateful of any advice,

DJ Patten
Yes Adam a heavier quality stand is very helpful with these speakers. Keeping them away from walls is another good idea. I own these speakers as well and agree somewhat on the bass issue, but then again they are only a "bookshelf" speaker and I use a powered sub with them. I love the speaker overall.

dj patten
Adam Its dj again. another side note. these speakers have an extensive "break in" time 76 hrs or so of med level play time. they loosen up and sound MUCH better.

Hifi Newbie
I have done quite a bit of reading up on this pair as I am thinking of getting it. All the reviews I have read did say that the Evo 1 is weak in bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us