Question for Berny...

Anonymous

While watching a dvd on the dvd menu, when I change to a scene or change the menu, the music will come on for a split second and then start playing normally. It sounds like a low audio pop and then it sounds normal. This only happens on my dvd player through my receivers Digital coax input. I have an AR cheapo digital coax cable. Do you think replacing this with a expensive and better quality one would eliminate this problem. I asked you because you have helped me in the past (several times) and I thought you would know. I have enjoyed reading your posts. Thanks in advance!

<><

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 528
Berny's not around.

When switching between an analog and digital connection there is a lot of processing noise that sounds horrible when amplified. Most of the software chips that receivers use mute the sound for a full second to give the receiver time to switch from processing anolog to digital or vise versa. Also when switching from a dolby digital 2.0 track to a 5.1 track usually the sound will mute for a second although I'm not sure if it's necessary.

Sounds like your receiver either doesn't mute for long enough, or the receiver is taking an adnormal amount of time to switch inputs, causing the internal noise to be amplified.

To avoid having to service the unit I would just manually mute the volume until the unit displays it is playing 5.1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us