How to connect subwoofer to amp?

Anonymous

I have an ancient(antique?) integrated amp hooked to a pair of speakers. I got a cheap powered subwoofer to hook up to it, but can't figure out exactly how to do it.

There is no " subwoofer out" on the old amp, of course. So how exactly do you connect the amp to subwoofer?

Bronze Member
Username: Sssand2

Post Number: 17
Anon,
Does the sub accept speaker level inputs? If not, you need to find a line level output (maybe the tape monitor) to connect it. If you use the line level output, you can use an RCA 'Y' connector to a single cable that connect to your sub. Good Luck!

Unregistered guest
i have a amp thats only got "L" and "R" speaker ports how do i set up a subwoofer on it without pullin it apart. it works with the sub just plugged into the "L" speaker port. but with both speakers plugged in i cant turn up the stereo loud enough to get the sub to put out the bass i want. Is there any way to set it up to put more power into the sub or less into the other 2 speakers?

Username: Charlespresley

Newton, NC Usa

Post Number: 1
I was given a Sony SS-WGV8 subwoofer. The cable is missing a connector that would have 9 pins (there are 9 wires on the end). Could someone tell what these should be connected to on the amp?
Thanks

deekens
Unregistered guest
my cd player has pre-made output jacks how do i hook that up to a regular amp?

Unregistered guest
Charles Presley: I have a Sony SS-WGV8. The nine
wires are attached to a nine-wire DIN male
connector. I also have two tinned wires. I'd
like to connect to a Sony TV Surround Sound system. Would appreciate any help.

Unregistered guest
Charles Presley: I have a Sony SS-WGV8. The nine
wires are attached to a nine-wire DIN male
connector. I also have two tinned wires. I'd
like to connect to a Sony TV Surround Sound system. Would appreciate any help.

Vickfert
Unregistered guest
I was given a Sony SS-WGV8 subwoofer. The cable is missing a connector that would have 9 pins (there are 9 wires on the end). Could someone tell what these should be connected to on the amp?
Thanks

jeepinit00
Unregistered guest
I bought the same sub at a truckload sale. Where are you suppose to hook that 9 pin male connector up to, I have nothing that looks like that on the back of my sony receiver

Unregistered guest
Yeah...I just bought one of those Sony SS-WGV8 subs at a truckload sale myself, and now I have no idea HOW to hook it up using the supplied 9 pin jack ( looks like a mouseport jack almost)It KINDA works using just the shielded wires, but no lights and minimal output...like it needs an amp or some other power supply. PLEASE help. Thanks
signed...ShouldaLookedCloserBeforeBuying

Username: Jopra49

Upland, Calif. USA

Post Number: 1
I want to set up my satelites and sub-woofer. There are 2 back speakers, 2 front speakers, 1 center, and the passive sub-woofer.

My D/A/V Stereo is a Sony with Surround/Center/Front outputs and then a RCA output for the sub-woofer.

WHAT IS THE CONFIGURATION I PLUG THESE IN AND MAKE IT WORK?

Unregistered guest
DreemWarrior I just purchased the same exact sub for a truckload sale also. I don't know how or what to connect the mouse like cable too either im guessing that it would plug right into a sony home theater system. I know that this doesn't help much but just thought that i would tell you

Shea
Unregistered guest
Okay..I have two 10 inch subs in my jimmy, they sound okay, my boyfriend hooked them up, but the boxes are really big and heavy and he said that i need smaller boxes, is that really all i need to make my sub sound better..and another question is there a way i can unhook my speakers that are orginaly in the car so that they dont bust but still put out sound,a way to just unhook them from the bass?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us