Yamaha Rxv 800

Username: Bhasker

New DelhiINDIa

Post Number: 1
I am using a yamaha rxv 800
Now whenever I input a digital signal from the DVD into it, the unit goes into standby mode. The same thing happens on changing DSPs.

However on inputing analog signal from the tape deck, there is no problem.

Can anyone help me on this. Yamaha does not have any official service centre in India, so it is a problem.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 185
Paul should be able to help. He is the resident Yamaha and Cerwin Vega expert.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1500
I dont know the answer, other than to suggest something is either not connected or your setup menus arent configured properly.

Double check your cables, and DVD player setup menu.

New DelhiINDIa

Post Number: 2
It was working perfectly earlier. This problem has occured suddenly.

I have removed all speaker connections and checked, but the problem is still there....it also occurs when I try to change the DSP

Is there any way to do a factory reset....or somewhere to get hold of a service manual

I had recently changed the sub-woofer cable as the earlier on had developed faults, but now the problem occurs, even without any speaker connections

New DelhiINDIa

Post Number: 3
It was working perfectly earlier. This problem has occured suddenly.

I have removed all speaker connections and checked, but the problem is still there....it also occurs when I try to change the DSP

Is there any way to do a factory reset....or somewhere to get hold of a service manual

I had recently changed the sub-woofer cable as the earlier one had developed faults, but now the problem occurs, even without any speaker connections

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1506
Maybe your receiver requires servicing.

New DelhiINDIa

Post Number: 4
Problem is that there is no official Yamaha service centre in India....so I do not really kmow what to do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us