Elite receiver reset on power outage?

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby29

Baltimore, MD USA

Post Number: 56
I have an Elite VSX-53TX receiver that I recently found to be reset - all station presets, input labels, speaker distances etc. I did have to switch my surge protector to off to reset my Comcast DVR two weeks ago, and unfortunately, I have not watched a movie or even listened to music since I found the unit reset(lots of work travel, mp3 player is getting a workout though). I'm scared to switch off the surge protector again for fear it might reset the unit, and I don't feel like setting it all up again. My wife was having some trouble finding some FM stations, but the odds of her unknowingly resetting the unit seems remote. If it does reset after a power outage, this has to be a defect......right?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4167

I think you should ask Pioneer.

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 207
Rob: Speaker settings, delay, FM stations and other parameters are normally stored in non-volatile memory on an IC. They are non-volatile memory meaning they remain when power is removed from the unit or at least they should,that way they don't have to be entered every time the unit is switched on and off. I think you should try this: Enter your settings once again and place the unit in standby. Then power it up and see if you settings remain. If they do then put the unit again in standby, remove the powercord from the outlet,reconnect it again and power it up and see if they are erased, if they are then the unit probably needs service for this problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us