VSX56 Txi with Kef XQ5's?(XQ2c center)

Username: Lazyb

SLC, UT

Post Number: 6
I already have the equipment, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had experience with this set up, or if they'd recommend another reciever with the Kef's, I've listened to Yamaha and Denon with the Kef's and I just didn't think they did as well... Any input would be great.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 800
Looks like you might have a case of too much speaker for the receivers you are trying to pair them with. I would look at the Arcam, NAD, and Rotel receivers. You have good speakers don't short change them in the receiver department.

SLC, UT

Post Number: 7
I actually just went through the thread of your recommendation of NAD equipment to Edster, if I were to look into NAD, what would you recommend?

SLC, UT

Post Number: 8
(in roughly 1, to 2 grand range)

SLC, UT

Post Number: 9
well, I just talked to a few people, and they regard the Arcam product highly. I'll have to go around and listen to a few things.

and I thought my searching days were done.
damn audio

SLC, UT

Post Number: 10
well, I just talked to a few people, and they regard the Arcam product highly. I'll have to go around and listen to a few things.

and I thought my searching days were done.
damn audio

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 802
NAD T763 or T773. For better sound yet the T763 plus the C162 pre amp and C270 power amp for the fronts. The first solution will net you an immense improvement over the current setup and cost as little as $1200 (T763 can be had for this amount). The second solution sounds even better but at a higher cost. There are many other combos using the other brands that I mentioned that would also give you great sound. The upgrade to a receiver with a world class power supply may make all the difference you may need.

Bronze Member

SLC, UT

Post Number: 11
Much appreciated, I'll have to head to some shops and see what my ears love. I appreciate the help.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1273
I agree, the ARCAM is a great receiver and it can pose as a toaster, so your wife will never know you own it. Definitely a great WAF with the ARCAM so long as you dont let her shove bagels into it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us