Paradigm studio vs def tech

Username: Automaticz

Post Number: 1
ok here it is...my current system is a pair of def tech studio 350's and an NAD 302 integrated amp that i bought used. and i can't say enough about these speakers, as far as size and price point, and the NAD has a nice mellow sound, but at times i find the def techs to be bright.
ok i'll get to it, i'm thinking about doing an upgrade as my current system is going into my studio(i'm a musician) and now i need to decide on what combo to buy, def tech bp30 and nad 350, or paradigm studio 60 and nad350 or either with hk avr 325. i happened to pick both of these amps as they have similar power ratings, not into ht but may need extra connections on hk. will this be enough power? what goes with what? my local dealer has all his def techs and paradigms crammed into one terrible audition room. please help.

Unregistered guest
Aloha,
Definitive Tech will have lots more phase shift (NOT a good thing) Paradigms are ok for the money. Better than many, I think. For the money though, you should listen to Green Mountain Europa's. Amazing speakers for under $900.00/pair
Check out http//www.audiogon.com
Then click on "discusion forums" on the right side of the page. Then search for "Europa" to see what others are saying about this incredible speaker. You'll thank me for this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us