Axiom Speakers: How do they stack up against Paradigm and PSB?

Owl
Unregistered guest
I am planning to purchase front speakers, the first step in building a 5.1 system. Since I reside in Canada, there are a number of Canadian speakers that are near the top of my listening list, esecially since I'm looking to spend $1,000 to $2000 (CD - that's $750 to $1,500 US), a price point where there are some notable Canadian speaker-makers, such as Paradigm, PSB, Energy.

I also want to listen to Axiom, which is a direct-order speaker-maker in Canada. There customer service is excellent (I've spoken with them) and they have a loyal following.

Has anyone hear heard Axion? For my needs, I'd be looking at their second biggest towers, the M60s, and their larger center channel and surrounds, which radiate in four directions.

Has anyone compared the sound of Axiom to other notables like Paradigm, etc?

Does anyone have Axiom near London, Ontario, where I live. I'd like to listen to them.

BTW, I haven't chosen a receiver yet (will likely go that route rather than seperates for now), but I'm considering Rotel and NAD, at least to start.

I expect I will use the system equally for music and movies.

Thanks for any responses!

Username: Northexposure

Post Number: 5
I'm in a similar position. Anyone who can offer some helpful advice?

Username: Danman

Post Number: 2
I realise this is an old thread but after recently buying the AXIOM M60 and previously owning PSB 5T's I can tell you the AXIOM is way better! They are a great speaker that has full bass with great imaging and mid-range that will blow you away! I like PSB but they need to upgrade a little with the Image line in order to better compete.

Above all the service with AXIOM is wonderful and fast delivery along with great looks does not hurt. Go with the AXIOM!

Username: Accusticmagic

ORLANDO, FL

Post Number: 1
AXIOM IS SUPPOSE TO BE GOOD BUT YOU CAN'T LISTEN TO THEM ANYWHERE... SO I WENT WITH THE PARADIGM STUDIO 60. VERY VERY HAPPY. THEY ARE ALSO BUILT IN CANADA. GOOD BANG FOR THE BUCK.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us