Archive through March 19, 2005

Username: Mutant

BedfordEngland

Post Number: 2
Hi
first time on here but getting the idea. Can anyone help me find how to unlock the bush dvhrso2 dvd recorder/vhs combi.
Its not a bad inexpensive gadget - has allowed me to transfer family videos onto dvd.

Unregistered guest
Hi
Just bought Bush DVHRSO2. Copied family video to DVD. DVD would not play on other DVD player. Can you help

BedfordEngland

Post Number: 3
Henry
have you finalized the recorded dvd. Or it you have are you playing the recorded dvd on a machine which is dvd+r or dvd+rw compatible.

Alfie
Unregistered guest
Have just tried to set up a Bush DVRHSO2. When Iput a DVD-RW in it says `No Disc`. Help!

Anonymous

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=161478

Unregistered guest
Re: DVHRS02

I tried to 'copy' from VCR to DVD+RW disc but the message says: "Unable to copy because DVD is not titled". Please advise how do I Title the disc?

Please also advise how can I access the Recording Options Menu. Thank you.

Unregistered guest
THIS IS A MESSAGE TO ALFIE. YOUR DVD PLAYER DOES NOT PLAY DVD-R DISCS. IT ONLY PLAYS DVD+R DISCS.

IT IS TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FORMATS.

MARTINDUP
UK.

Greg, London, UK
Unregistered guest
I have one of thse Bush's, it's weird. I follow the manual and tell it to finalise a DVD+R disc (despite my menu screen giving slightly different messages to the one shown in the manual) and it whirs away and does it, then ejects the disc. But if you put the disc back in after the finalsing process and go to 'information' it says that it has NOT been finalised and will NOT be compatible!
But if you try to finalise it again, it says it's aleady finilised! But the disc info screen says it isn't and won't be compatible.
I have been messing with it for the about 20 hours now and I am so frustrated with the conflicting information that it gives that I may take it back to the retailer, damn thing.
I have followed the instructions to the letter, but to no avail, plus an additional problem is that sometimes (about 50% of the time) when you try to update the title picture before finalising it freezes dead, and NOTHING can unfreeze it except unplugging it from the mains supply.
I am not happy with it at all.
Could it be that it doesn't like the make of blank discs that I'm using (Memorex DVD+R 1x - 4x)? It's the only thing left that I can think of.
I give up! Help!

Greg, London, UK
Unregistered guest
I addition to my above post yesterday.
I have finally given up on this Bush machine, it was way too flaky, and often froze while updating discs, only fixable by unplugging it from the mains. Plus it could never make it's mind up whether it had finalised a disc or not, it was useless.
I took it back to the shop and swapped it for another model, and LG RC1000. a similar machine with a combination of DVD recorder and VCR built in, but this one is much much better, completely stable, works a treat, easy to navigate, and finalises the discs properly.
This model is much more reccommended for similar money in case anyone else takes their Bush back.

Username: Jowarren

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

I bought BUSH DVD DVHRSO2 my problem is: when I try to coy a pre-recorded tape the message says you cannot copy from this source. every thing worked well when I tried a tape that I taped with.

any help appreciated please

Unregistered guest
just got a bush dvhrso2 but having probs with the discs, accepts all brands of dvd+rw but will not accept any brands of dvd+r this is the second machine anyone tried and tested a brand of dvd+r discs ( tried memorex,infiniti,mitsibushi,mirror)

z28
Unregistered guest
Hi everyone,

Great news! Most of the various problems with the Bush DVHRS02 (such as timer difficulties, hanging when changing title pics, freezing when re-arranging chapters, failing with some DVDD+R discs etc. etc.) can be fixed by a firmware upgrade recently released. Bush Customer Services are hopefully going to release it on CD for installation, plus I have a copy here. I have done it and it works a treat and has cured all my problems.

Jo Warren, your problem is caused by the fact that you trying to copy a copyright protected video, which is considered as piracy. But you can still achieve it as long as you don't rely on the built-in VCR but use an external source instead. Use another VCR machine plugged into the spare Scart of the Bush (AV2) and tell the DVD recorder to record from channel AV2, then it might work.
If it still doesn't work and continues to recognise the copyright on the original tape then it might be because of time-base stuff that copyrighted tapes have. If that's the case then it can still be achieved. Run it through from an external VCR via a cheap A/V processor and then onwards to the AV2 channel of the Bush. A cheap and capable A/V processor can be found at Maplins (Code BJ95D) currently only £29.95, this will correct all problems and will beat the copyright protection. It will also allow you to fade the source in and out for a more professional result. Put this in between a second VCR and the Bush DVD recorder and you'll be able to record anything, even copyrighted stuff without problems. Unfortunately, as I say, you will have to bring another VCR into the mix. The built in VCR will only allow DVD copying of non-copyright protected stuff, like the things you have recorded yourself from TV.

Pete H, the Firmware upgrade mentioned above should solve your problems with DVD+R compatibility.

Henry02, ensure you have finalised the disc before playing it in another machine, if it still won't play in other DVD players then it might be compatibility issues with the type of blank disc used, the problem is normally caused by the type of dye layer used in the manufacture of the blank discs. Discs that use 'Ritec' dye layers are far better and give less compatibility issues, but sadly most manufacturers do not realese info about what material they use during manufacture. Try makes such a Datasafe , (also known as 'Datasafe Media'), available on line from the likes of www.svp.co.uk very cheaply, far cheaper than shop bought discs, and way more reliable and compatible.
To be honest, no home-brewed DVD+R can be assumed to be 100% compatible with all machines, it's fact of life, and in my experience, the 'posher' and more expensive DVD players are the most fussy. The cheap Supermarket DVD players will play anything thrown into them without complaint. So if all else fails, try some-ones else's 'cheapy' DVD player, you'll probably find it'll play OK!

Alfie, the Firmware upgrade mentioned above should fix your problem.

Sandy Grinham, to get to the recording options menu, turn on the Bush DVHRS02, wait for it to boot up, then press the 'Setup' button on the remote control, then go on the 'left arrow' button once on the remote. You are now in the recording options menu, go on the 'down' arrow to pick the one you want to change and then press 'Enter' to access the required option, the up and down arrows to change it, followed by 'Enter' again.. All buttons refer to the remote control. Press 'Setup' again to exit.

Steve Regalo. When you say 'unlock' do you mean unlock it to make it multi-region? If so, I'm afraid I don't know that one yet, I am still investigating.

Hope some of the above helps some people. It IS a capable machine, honest! Don't loose faith, it was just released a bit early without full beta-testing, hence the firmware upgrade now available.

BedfordEngland

Post Number: 5
To z28
Brilliant bit of info m8. Yes I did mean how to unlock for multi-region. Will we have to contact Bush for the cd or can it be downloaded and burnt onto cd?

z28
Unregistered guest
Hi REGGIE,

The upgrade isn't available anywhere to download at present, but if you have a CD burner available then I can e-mail you the firmware upgrade and you can install it yourself. Basically, take the file (1.87Mb) and burn it onto a standard non-bootable CD-Rom disc, put it into the Bush DVHRS02 and it will immediately recognise it as a firmware upgrade, then follow the on-screen instructions to install it (only takes a couple of presses of the remote and takes just minute or two). When it reports that the upgrade is completed it will say so on screen and then it will 'freeze' with no buttons operable, so then you have to unplug it from the mains supply for a couple of seconds, then plug it back in and the upgrade will be active. (Note, if you skip the unplugging bit the upgrade won't work, the machine has to be re-started for it to take effect).

If you stick your e-mail address up on here I can e-mail the upgrade to you with full instructions, or if you haven't got a CD-Writer, (or if you'd prefer an easier method), then put your postal address up and I can post you a CD-Rom ready to install.

Glad to help mate.

BedfordEngland

Post Number: 6
Hi Z28
again thanks for the info. I would'nt like to set a presidence here on the website but if you would'nt mind sending the cd as I don't have a cd-writer I would gladly pay you for your time and cost of the cd. Please e-mail me for the address as I dont really want to post it on any forums.
I'm sure you understand.

z28
Unregistered guest
Sorry Reggie, just tried it but the forum won't let me send you a private e-mail because I am not a full member (I'm an unregistered guest), so if you put your e-mail address in this thread (disguise and say what chracters to remove if you like) I will then contact you from there.
Don't worry about cost mate, I'll post you the CD-Rom free of charge, glad to help.

I notice you're in Bedford, not too far from one of my favourite hang outs, Santa Pod raceway (hence the user name!).

BedfordEngland

Post Number: 7
Hi
z28. No probs - email as follows - SRegolo@aol.com
will be a pleasure to here from you.
Santa Pod good venu M8ty.

REG

Z28
Unregistered guest
Reggie,

You've got mail!

Anonymous

thanks for the tip z28 could you send me the file have my own burner its petehal@msn.com

z28
Unregistered guest
Hi Anonymous: You have the file in your Inbox with full instructions.

Anyone else interested in this firmware upgrade, here's some info, the upgrade is to version 2.6.8/G. To find out if you need it on your Bush DVHRS02 do the following:

First of all, switch on the Bush DVHRS02
Press 'Set-up' on the remote
Go on the right arrow 4 times to the " ! " icon
You should now see 'System Info'
Check where it says 'Main Build'

If main build is a number lower than 2.2.6 then this upgrade is applicable and worth doing.

The fixes include:

Fix of some of the timer record problems
Stops the machine hanging when changing title image
Stops the machine hanging when updating changes to the chapter layout
Improved compatibility with DVD+R discs
Improved stability
Updated menus and options
Fixes premature menu time-outs
Plus many other minor updates

Reggie: has the CD-Rom arrived yet mate?

Username: Geoffearnest

Rhosneigr, Wales UK

Z28
can you please email me the DVHRS02 firmware update? I can't get any reply from Bush.
Thanks.
Geoff

peteh
Unregistered guest
thanks z28 for the file .Did you get a copy richard passed it on ?

Rhosneigr, Wales UK

Re request for firmware update. My DVHRS02 bought last December has following:
Version: FD300100WVT
Main Build: 2.2.2/1
DVD Navigation: 2.00
Loader Version: BDR-Z174
Could someone please send the firmware update to geoffearnest@lineone.net
Thanks in advance.
Geoff

Rhys Williams
Unregistered guest
If someone could E-mail me the firmware update, I'd be most grateful.

My address is owenrhyswilliams@gmail.com

Username: Issi_noho

hi could you please email me the firmware upgrade too pleas as it would be most appreciated my email addy is issinoho@hotmail.com thanks

Unregistered guest
Has anyone got a version of the firmware upgrade
for the DVHRS02 that they can E-mail to me,I would be very grateful. thanks very much in advance to any kind person,I have so many DVD+R's I@ve bought that dont work.......John
send to john.thompson2@homecall.co.uk

Username: Mike_1300

Could someone please email me the DVHRS02 firmware update? I also can't get any reply from Bush.
Cheers,
Mike.

michael.andrews3@virgin.net

Z28
Unregistered guest
To Geoff Earnest, Rhys Williams, clark smith, tommo and Mike Andrews,

Phew! I've never been so popular! You all now have the firmware update in your Inboxes, full instructions are in the e-mail text, and the firmware update is the attachment.

Please note: you will need to be able to burn it to CD-R for it to work.

Sadly, I really don't think you'll get a reply from Bush customer services, they are burying their heads in the sand and ignoring most of the complaints they are receiving about this model.

Hope the upgrade helps,

Regards,

Z28

Z28
Unregistered guest
Correction to the above, everyone should have it except Clark Smith, I got an undeliveralbe from the e-mail address in your post.

Many thanks to those who have made/sent the upgrade to me. The only problem I have had was the machine hanging when sometimes changing the title image. I've been unable to copy (as a backup) a copy protected tape. Does anyone know a way around this ? The Maplin part (Code BJ95D) mentioned in a previous post does not appear to be available now.
Cheers,
Mike.

Z28
Unregistered guest
Hi Mike,

The changing the title image problem will be cured by the upgrade I sent you.

The machine will not allow copy of a copyrighted tape to DVD using it's internal VCR, but you could try using an external VCR connected via a Scart lead to AV2 and tell the machine to record from AV2, this might work.

If it still doesn't then it could be timebase copyright stuff, so the only way is to put something in between the second VCR and the Bush to fix it, hence my previous suggestion of the Maplin's Audio Video processor BJ95D, which sadly, as you say has only just been discontinued, it was available when I posted the original answer only days ago (I checked the web), but it was heavily reduced, no doubt to clear stocks (I paid £69.95 a couple of years back, but it was only £29.95 last week!).

Any similar device will do it, and Audio/video processor that allows a source and an output should do it. They used to be popular and available everywhere for editing home video footage and the like, but nowadays it is considered to be the 'old fashioned' method as most video editing now takes place in a non-linear fashion on the PC, so these little devices are getting rare. But do try just joining another VCR to the Bush with a Scart first as that may work.

Z28,
Thanks for the info.
Would the Maplin RGB to S-Video Conv (Part No QS45Y) do the job ?
Cheers,
Mike.

theMcymru
Unregistered guest
I've not bothered with BUSH because no one seems to have any luck getting a reply.

I do have the DVD+R compatibility problem with DVHRS02 and was about to go out and purchase a different make of DVD+R. Until I read this brilliant section by z28.

Could you possibly e-mail me the firmware so I can burn to CD.

I would be gratefull if anyone could help - themarkcymru@yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks in advance.

peteh
Unregistered guest
hope everyone got a copy ? tried bush again keep telling me its my machine although this is the second one ,engineer phoned back lots of complaints with this machine so getting my money back and trying another make .

Unregistered guest
Hi,i got problems with my DVHRS02 as well,any chance of someone emailing the firmware pleeeaassseee???
sasquatchsales@tiscali.co.uk

Thanking you very much indeed .

Christine, Wales
Unregistered guest
Hi everyone

Glad I am not the only one having problems with this item.

I had exactly the same problem as you Greg with finalising it and thought I was going mad. Did eventually have a reply from Bush but not much help apart from saying had to use DVD+RW not DVD+R to play on other machines! The DVD+RW do work on other machines but what about all the DVD+R discs that we bought!

Also wondered if anyone can help as have lost the instructions! Probably got caught up in papers sorting for recycling! I have asked Bush and they have sent me the file but unable to open it.

Unregistered guest
To Z28 can you mail me the firmware upgrade as well please? (mcmanus_paul@hotmail.com)

Also to anybody who might be able to answer this one. I have only been able to run this product using a scart. Does anybody know the RF output frequency of this unit ? I have been trying to pick up the signal from the Bush unit so I can tune it into a few TVs around my house but it doesn't seem to be broadcasting. Just wondering if anybody has been able to do this?

Rhosneigr, Wales UK

Firmware upgraded successfully and now it reads PC written DVD-RW discs which it did not before.
Thanks for forwarding to me.

David Wallis
Unregistered guest
yes, yet another request for the firmware. someone/anyone please email to

david@cityfocusresearch.com and
ukdkwallis@yahoo.co.uk

I, too, am having the 'Problem. Copy not possible. The disk has no titles.' with several brands of +R and +RW disks (and have no way to create titles on the blank disk). thanks in advance.

Unregistered guest
Help Help Help...PLEASE. I keep copying a VHS to DVD+R, but when I try to finalize it says +R empty. I can see the burn mark on the discs, so I know they have copied. Can any one help and can I please have the firmware. .......a very grateful but desperate man.

buzz4sound@blueyonder.co.uk

Unregistered guest
er...could some one email the firmware driver to me? I work at a school that bought two of these things and we are having awful problems with them. It burns ok on some +RWs and burns on +R's but when you try to playback the +Rs it comes up 'No Disc'. email me at dr_mwaa@hotmail.com

Many thanks.

Unregistered guest
Hi I wonder if someone could email the firmware update to me for the Bush machine. I have been running a thread on this machine and the Daewoo DF - 7150 on DigitalSpy.co.uk. The Daewoo machines (4150, 7150, 7100, 8150, 8100) use the same firmware (probably the same basic machines) and have the same problems. I got a firmware update from someone but it was to version 2.5.2/G but doesn't solve the problems. I would be grateful if someone could send this update to colinjubb@hotmail.com.
I got an email back from Bush saying an update CD "may be available soon" but I won't hold my breath.
Thanks

Mark Higson
Unregistered guest
could someone email me a copy of the firmware please. Having all sorts of problems with this machine.

mark@higson.co.uk

thanks in advance

Anonymous

HATE THIS MACHINE!!! Z28 can you e-mail me the upgrade. also when you find a cure for Microvision, PLEASE let me know.
Thanks in advance
mc.rodger@btinternet.com

Post Number: 4
My experiences with this machine so far:
The firmware upgrade worked initially with changing the title pictures. After a couple of changes the machine reverted to hanging again. Reloading the upgrade had no effect. I have only copied VHS to DVD so I just make sure the tape is at the right position before copying to overcome this problem. I've not used the timer or rearranged any chapters so can't comment on these problems. I've since copied approx 20 VHS tapes without problems using "imation" DVD+R (8x) purchased from Argos. I've discovered so far three tapes with copy protection that would not copy. I think the RGB to S-Video and Composite Video Convertor from Maplins (part No QS45Y) might help but I haven't tried it yet.

Username: Mcrodger

Scotland

Can someone send me the upgrade for the Bush DVHRS02
Thanks in advance
mc.rodger

Unregistered guest
For Z28 or any other bush DVD owner.

could someone please email me the firmware upgrade for the bush DVHRS02 - if that doesn't work i am going to throw the machine out the window.

my email address is theguineas@aol.com

thanks in advance for anyones help.

andi g

Peter.watson6
Unregistered guest
I would really appreciate a copy of the firmware upgrade as well. E-mail address is peter.watson6@ntlworld.com Thanks!

Unregistered guest
Please Help - i have one of these bush DVHRS02 DVD/Video combi and it is doing my head in.

could someone please email the upgrade that Z28 talks about, my email address is theguineas@aol.com.

if that doesn't sort it out - the machine is going out of the window!

thanks in advance for anyone out there that can help.

andi g

Unregistered guest
Please Help - i have one of these bush DVHRS02 DVD/Video combi and it is doing my head in.

could someone please email the upgrade that Z28 talks about, my email address is theguineas@aol.com.

if that doesn't sort it out - the machine is going out of the window!

thanks in advance for anyone out there that can help.

andi g

Z28
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay, haven't been on here for a while.

The following e-mail addresses should now have the upgrade file in their inboxes (I hope I haven't missed anyone!)

themarkcymru@yahoo.co.uk <themarkcymru@yahoo.co.uk>; sasquatchsales@tiscali.co.uk <sasquatchsales@tiscali.co.uk>; mcmanus_paul@hotmail.com <mcmanus_paul@hotmail.com>; david@cityfocusresearch.com <david@cityfocusresearch.com>; ukdkwallis@yahoo.co.uk <ukdkwallis@yahoo.co.uk>; buzz4sound@blueyonder.co.uk <buzz4sound@blueyonder.co.uk>; dr_mwaa@hotmail.com <dr_mwaa@hotmail.com>; colinjubb@hotmail.com <colinjubb@hotmail.com>; mark@higson.co.uk <mark@higson.co.uk>; theguineas@aol.com <theguineas@aol.com>; peter.watson6@ntlworld.com <peter.watson6@ntlworld.com>
geoffearnest@lineone.net <geoffearnest@lineone.net>; owenrhyswilliams@gmail.com <owenrhyswilliams@gmail.com>; issinoho@hotmail.com <issinoho@hotmail.com>; john.thompson2@homecall.co.uk <john.thompson2@homecall.co.uk>; michael.andrews3@virgin.net <michael.andrews3@virgin.net>

The file is the attachment, full instrcution are in the e-mail text. Please follow the instrucions. You will need a CD-writer and a blank CD-R disc to use it.

I do not claim that this firmware upgrade will cure ALL your issues, but it fixes most problems.

Obviously I have to state "At your own risk"

Unregistered guest
Hi, I've just spent several hours trying out the firmware upgrade 2.6.8/G. The upgrade procedure went fine ( The main build changed to 2.6.8/g ) but unfortunately I have the following to report.

1.Fix of some of the timer record problems
the timer faults remain i.e. the curious "over midnight" failure. If you are not familiar with this see my posting on digital spy.

2.Stops the machine hanging when changing title image
The machine still hangs every time you attempt to change the title image.

3.Stops the machine hanging when updating changes to the chapter layout
Still hangs.

4.Improved compatibility with DVD+R discs
cannot comment on this one. I've not tried DVD+R discs

5.Improved stability
none seen.

6.Updated menus and options
haven't noticed these, but they may be subtle

7.Fixes premature menu time-outs
the timeouts on the editing screens are the only ones I've seen. These appear to be the same. Perhaps this is something I have not encountered.

8. Plus many other minor updates
nothing to report here.

In addition to these, splitting a title now ends up in the machine hanging most of the time. Prior to the update this was a fairly reliable edit function.

I hope other folk have had better luck with their machines but I think the machine is unsaveable. Bush have not got back to me again with their fix disc, I'm pretty sure we won't actually see one. Very very annoying!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Z28 for trying. I am curious why the update worke on yours but not on mine? Is there actually different hardware out there going under the name of BUSH DVD DVHRSO2. I know that thes problems also exist on several Daewoo machines. Will none of these machines ever work?
I'm giving up now - this is the third firmware update I've tried. The machine is going back.

Emsklyn
Unregistered guest
Not wishing to sound sick - but I am so glad that I'm not the only one having problems with this machine. Z28 - you seem to be the answer to everyones prayers, hope you can help me too.
I have had very little success with this product and have tried for over a week to phone customer services to no avail. They seem to be experiencing a large call volume all the time and now I know why!I don't know about finalising and copying I just want to watch the damn stuff I've recorded.
I have recorded programmes to a disc have then watched some of it or checked the Menu but when I have come to watch something else on the disc it says it is empty or if the menu does come up it has only got a few seconds showing. Where have my recordings gone and how do I get them back? I know they are there as I have seen it so where's it all gone? The time on the disc showing how much is left only shows a fraction of the time available so something must have gone on there. Please help before I put my foot through the thing.
Thanks.

Unregistered guest
For some mad reason I decided to have one more go at getting something working.
I changed the firmware back to the second one that pvruk ( On Digitalspy forum) sent me. ( Ver. 2.5.2/G)
This time things looked a lot better. The edits, such as index picture and chapter changes, work well. They cause a crash only very occasionally. This was the case the last time I tried it.
BUT, whereas the last time I tried it just erasing titles crashed the machine about 90% of the time, THIS TIME erasing titles was OK. I don't understand it but what the heck? I am using exactly the same +RW discs I used the last time and nothing else has changed. I've done at least 50 erases and they all worked OK..I've done probably about 100 chapter changes and index picture changes and only a couple of picture changes froze the machine.
The " over midnight" timer fault is still present but pvruk has told me that this is due to the Micom software which is a separate update if one becomes available.
I'm afraid I cannot comment on the problems people have been having with +R discs as I've not tried these yet. I may have a go with some soon if I decide to keep the machine after this minor breakthrough.

Unregistered guest
To Z28 and others. Thanks for your efforts to distribute the fimware upgrade for this machine. Please email me the file (gary@beadleg.fsnet.co.uk)as my farther has one of these machines and has just lost all his recordings on DVD+R disks as he tried to finialise the disks, they just say empty now.

Many thanks.

Username: Sue

Hi
I am yet another user having the same problems of freezing and not recognising discs, spent lots of time calling the machine names. Would be most grateful for the upgrade to see if this would help. Z28 I think you could almost open a business doing this. Thanks in anticipation

Emsklyn
Unregistered guest
I'd like to have a go at this upgrade thingy if anyone could help. I recorded loads of episodes of 24 for my sister and the disc seems to have eaten them. Please save me from a very unhappy sister.My email is emma.hampton@talk21.com. Look forward to hearing from someone soon.
Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Yet another request for the upgrade.
Please send to donwasdell@talk21.com
Why hasn't Bush sorted this out?

argentum
Unregistered guest
Could you please send me the upgrade?

argentum@argentum.plus.com

Username: Mm5tuw

Hi ..Z28
I don't know whether it is "correct to do" but I have some webspace where I could make the firmware upgrade available. I have just bought this machine, and it has not yet come out of the box. Reading the above has put me firmly on the fence... Maybe it will go back on Monday :-(

Anyway if you have a moment to send me the firmware, I'll put it up on a website and post the link here...
Cheers

Glen

munkei
Unregistered guest
Hello,

Would it be possible to get a copy of the latest firmware update if the file is not going to be posted to the webspace? My email is:
munkei@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks in advance!

Username: Dormben

Rugeley, Staffordshire England

Message for Z28 if you are still surviving after all the requests for the firmware upgrade for the Bush DVRHS02. Everyone appreciates the work that you have done which Bush hasn't and if it's possible I would like a copy of the firmware too!
(email: jpab21@whsmithnet.co.uk)
Only bought the DVRHS02 this week - the manual says that the machine has a firewire connection at the front - mine hasn't but that is not important as I use the computer to edit videos.
I recorded onto DVD+RW 7 short VHS tapes totalling nearly two hours, and had problems with the machine frezing up when trying to change one of the initial index pictures requiring a switch off and restart.
I made a second recording with the seven VHS tapes and was able to change the titles of each of the seven individual films without any problems, but when I went to change the initial index picture of one of the films, I went through the menus successfully but at the end when using the ENTER button to confirm, the screen went back to the DVD Edit screen and stayed on whilst the underlying film continued to play but eventually closed. When the film came to the end and I selected STOP the screen showed the updating the disc screen which stayed on for ages. I left it alone as the first time
I tried it and pressed stop after about five minutes everything froze and the machine had to be switched off and on. So eventually the Disc updating screen dissapeared and everything worked OK.
But there must be a bug somewhere in the software and if I can get the machine to accept an initial Index Picture change, hopefully with a firmware upgrade, then it will be OK with me.
Regards to all

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have had a response from Bush. They sent me an upgrade file ( Ver. 2.5.2/G). This unfortunately was identical ( bit for bit) to the first file that PVRUK sent me. However I tried it again to give them a chance. It did not fix any of the problems, just as before. I've sent them an email telling them so and also giving them the details of the second file that PVRUK sent me. ( which does seem to fix most of the editing problems ). They also had this to say - quote

"The firmware update I sent earlier (2.5.2/G) should cure editing fix. If it doesn't please go to set up then information page and email me all the details on the screen (e.g. Main Build 2.5.2/G, Loader Version BDR-Z17G etc) so we can work out if there may be some incompatibility.
The other versions of firmware with higher numbers (I think 2.6.8/G, that have been mentioned ) only cure German language translation fixes so are not really relevant for UK customers.
regards
eT"

On the subject of +R discs I've tried a little editiing with them as well ( I've mostly been concerned with +RW) and they seem to behave qiute well too. The only thing is that after you finalise a disc the menu still says it is not finalised. However you cannot record on it any more and when I play it on another DVD player it works fine. I've done a fair bit of index picture and chapter changing on +R discs as well and all have worked OK. I have to say I've only finalised two +R discs so far so I can't say my experiments are exhaustive.

So far, I'd say the second file PVRUK sent me is the best hope around at the moment. Most of the editing works fairly well ( But not perfect). The timer faults have not been fixed at all though.

I think Bush and Daewoo should recall these machines and replace them with fully working models as soon as they get their acts together. I've said so in my reply to Bush but I'm certain it will fall on deaf ears.
If anyone wants to try the update I got from PVRUK then either email myself or see the posting on my thread at ( http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=3467236 )

I know it may seem a waste of time but everyone should email Bush at the following address to let them know how fed up we all are. ( customercare@albaplc.co.uk ) Address it to Eddy Tosney. He was the guy who got back to me.

Cheers

Colin

Username: Tinaknight30

Is it posible for someone to send me the firmware Update via email for the Bush DVRSH02 - email tinaknight30@hotmail.com, many thanks

Username: Tinaknight30

Sorry placed wrong code, model is DVRHS02 and not a previously stated. Many thanks to anyone that can help with this.

Candide
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have just bought the DVHRS02, and just like everyone else on here, have discovered its shortcomings.
Could someone please send me the firmware update and instructions on how to load it, that Z28 has given out.

My email address is schizoid_@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Hi
Answer for John Pealing, I asked Bush about the lack of a firewire as stated in the manual. They said it was a mistake and that the picture etc was for another model. If anyone does know of a way of recording from digital camera to DVD I'd like to know. I also asked for the update disc to correct all the problems etc, they are sending me one. Will have to see how long it takes to arrive.

Dave Ward
Unregistered guest
Hi Would be grateful if anyone would mail me firmware update and instructions for Bush DVHRSO2..also have different problem..dvd's record and play ok but i have no video when playing Video cassette...audio is fine..anyone help on that one...Thanks...e-mail david@ward280.freeserve.co.uk

Unregistered guest
Could someone please email me the firmware upgrade for the bush DVHRS02
my email address is th011c9118@blueyonder.co.uk

thanks in advance for anyones help.

Unregistered guest
Thanks to Colin for sending me the upgrade. I haven't tried it yet as the baby has hidden the remote control. Once its been found I'll have a go and let you know how it went.

Username: Dormben

Rugeley, Staffordshire England

Thanks Susan House for the information about the firewire port, without one there is no way to directly imput digital to record on the DVHRS02.
However most digital camcorders have an analogue output usally via a docking station, so it would be possible to input video from a camcorder to the front phono inputs of the DVHRS02.
If that firmwire up grade is still arround would be grateful to receive a copy from anyone - don't pin my hopes on Bush comming up with the goods.

Unregistered guest
Hi z28,
Sorry to bother you as I see you are a busy person at the moment, but when you have a spare moment could you please send me a copy of the fireware to raymccallum40@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
Hi z28,
Sorry to bother you as I see you are a busy person at the moment, but when you have a spare moment could you please send me a copy of the fireware to raymccallum40@hotmail.com

peteh
Unregistered guest
tried your fix colin still the same ,got to finalize one disc then back to norm ,waiting for bush to send the updates

Username: Colinjubb

EdinburghScotland

Hi
I haven't had another reply from Bush yet about the failure of their update to fix my machine yet.
It looks however, from the different experiences here, that there is not one single firmware upgrade that will fix the editing on all machines. It looks very like the upgrade has to be matched to the hardware ie there are different hardware builds that need different firmware.( or the tolerances on the hardware are so flaky that its pot luck if it works or not) If so, then we're all just banging our heads against a brick wall.

Bush - just get your finger out and replace all these machines with working ones!

Dave Ward
Unregistered guest
Hi..Thanks to everyone who mailed me upgrade ..seems to have worked ..my other problem of no video when playing a cassette was cured by re-booting...just another irritation with these machines...again thanks...you are stars.

Hi
I phoned Bush last week and got through. They sent me a fixit disc today, put it in machine but got nothing on screen, phoned Bush, they are now sending me another one. Just thought I'd let you all know that at least I managed to speak to someone at Bush and they did send me disc quickly.

peteh
Unregistered guest
got the fix off bush today its solved the probs with finalizing some of the dvd+r discs but not them all , better than nothing suppose , they also sent an s.a.e to send it back talk about cheap but what do we expect from bush

Rhosneigr, Wales UK

What firmware version did they send you?

EdinburghScotland

Hi
Peteh sent me a copy of the file Bush sent him. I've done a hex file compare and as I suspected it is exactly the same file they sent me(2.5.2/G). From the results on my machine, the second version of this file that I got from PVRUK may be better. But as I said before it may be that there isn't a one file fits all.

Unregistered guest
Hi im another person needing an upgrade!
my email address is Davidlodge159@gmail.com
thanks,

Unregistered guest
Hi im another person needing an upgrade!
my email address is Davidlodge159@gmail.com
thanks,

Anonymous

z28....please can you email me the firmware upgrade for the Bush DVRHS02. Sounds like you're doing a fantastic job. My email address is: cliffwragg@lineone.net

Thanks in advance

david lodge
Unregistered guest
once again, thanks for the upgrade colin, it worked a treat!

Rhosneigr, Wales UK

Finally solved the Bush problem - I took it back and swapped it for a Toshiba VR3!! A far superior machine.
Geoff

Unregistered guest
Hi,everyone. I seem to be another unlucky BUSH customer.By the sound of it z28 should be getting paid by BUSH for trying to sort out their bad work. I don't know if there's a latest version update available? And yet again, like so many others out there could someone e-mail me a copy?
One last question though, will the update enable me to play some of the discs that have gone unreadable after initially working? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered guest
OK here's my e-mail address pwill97200@aol.com

EdinburghScotland

Hi
Can anyone tell me if they have system info showing a Micom software version higher than 2.2.6?
If so, can you tell me when and where you bought your machine?

Thanks in advance

Colin

Username: Mm5tuw

Hi All
Colin has sent me the firmware update, originally from PVRUK on the Digital Spy Forum (DMN_xx_OEM_2_5_2G_New.CUB) and I have posted it on to this website. It will open a new browser window, and there are download instructions.

I will leave it there as long as I can, and if anyone receives a newer update please let me know and I can update the file.

Cheers
Glen

Brendon Druggitt
Unregistered guest
Hello Fellow Bushers.Yes Me To.Would be most gratefull of z28 or similar help Many Thanks Hopefully. My email address is druggitt@hotmail.com

piercedvamp
Unregistered guest
could someone please email me the firmware update for the dvrhs02 please!!

thanks in advance

pierced_vamp@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
Can I 'ave one as well please.

EdinburghScotland

Tony, Pierce and Brendon
Have a look at Glen Collie's post a couple of posts back and hey presto!

Cheers

Colin

Hi
I have just received another disc from Bush, put it in, nothing on screen, just CD at top. I then downloaded the upgrade posted by Colin J. Put that in - nothing again. I don't know what else to do. Am going to email Bush customer services.

Post Number: 5
Would be grateful if anyone could send me a copy of a disc that has already worked in a machine so I can tell if its my machine that doesn't read the discs or that I am just unlucky to have three discs not work. My email is shouse@thomas-hardye.dorset.sch.uk

Just had a thought, perhaps everyone on this forum, and any other, should email or write to Watchdog. May get some answers then.

BedfordEngland

Post Number: 8
I have been monitoring the comments on this site with interest and did'nt aniticipate such a huge amount of posts originating from my initial enquiry (under Steve Regolo. I appreciate the amount of help that z28 has contributed to the problems encountered and having personaly recived the firmware from him and tested the upgrade, have found little or no problems. The added bonus is that I can actually play DVD - R now on the machine. However I did try to contact bush with the view of having them send out a recall of these machines due to the re-ocurring problems encountered and the apparent non compliance from Bush. Personally I find the machine has accomplished what I originally set out to do and that was to transfer all my old family videos onto dvd. The original £200 was money well spent in my eyes. I no longer have the firmware disc as I sent it on. If nothing else comes out of this post at least I can say that we can all be formally known as 'Bushers'
Regards to you all.

Reg

Username: Bushsuckerman

Hello Everyone,
Re: The Dreaded DVHRSO2

I bought this at a bargain price (now i know why !!) but as everyone else has found it wont burn to DVD+R.

I have downloaded the firmware update three times and burnt it three times and still nothing ? Just a small cd picture on screen, it seems to be reading the disc but then nothing happens no instructions as stated. I am about to throw this out of the window its the last chance saloon anyone help please..........Bush are useless by the way........
Regards
Bush-Sucker-Man

Username: Jowarren

hi all
thanks z28 i will try that and let all know if it works. sorry i have not thanked you earlier, i've only just found time to get back on the net
cheers

Wibble
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know of an alternative to the Maplins product mentioned above?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us