BUSH DVD DVHRSO2

Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through June 02, 2005Stodders100
Archive through March 19, 2005Wibble100

Unregistered guest
to all in this thread,
i have recently bought the DVHRSO2 model and have so far found no problems with it. either this is an old thread and bush have released working models or i have just got lucky on a machine that works. i am pf course sorry to read about the problems y'all have had with this particular model and if i can be of any help please contact me andersonblade@aol.com please address any e-mail to thomas anderson. thanks

Katrina
Unregistered guest
dear all, thanks for the warning - saw the DVRHSO2 in the Makro mail, just came on line to check was a good buy - but now won't be purchasing. Some companies do statistical analysis on complaints (fixing major problems, and compensating others), so it is still worth contacting them if you're not happy - if you don't get any joy, then definately go with Ian Classified's advice, and vote with your feet. Thanks for letting me know in advance though...

Tim Sampson
Unregistered guest
Just a reminder that firmware updates are available here: http://home.btconnect.com/collie/bush_firmware/index.html
or here: http://www.the-sampsons.co.uk/bush

From the mixed comments here, it seems 50/50 whether your Bush combi is going to work well or not. Good luck!

Mark C
Unregistered guest
Hi all,
There are 2 reviews of the DVRHSO1 NOT the O2 but basically the same which I have downloaded and read,I can email it to anyone if they're interested.
To Mike I think 50/50 is way too much in Bush's favour maybe 30/70?. Anyway the most annoying thing about this whole sorry saga is that I bought my DVRHSO2 purely to preserve my old vhs tapes onto reliable media namely DVD+r/DVD+rw,
I am sure many of you here purchased this machine on the same grounds as I did. Copying from one media to another has been around for at least 40 years so it is depressing in the least that a big company like ALBA/(bush) cannot build such a simple device for a simple function.
Like others here it is the sheer frustration of having recorded 2hrs of vhs onto DVD+r/rw and then staring at a screen with a DVD logo that says EMPTY !!!.
To end I honestly have got better things to do then to waste anymore more of lifes precious time on this machine.
BACK TO ARGOS WE GO.
ps. has anyone out there bought the other combi machine in argos catalogue namely LG:RC1000 , if so whats it like ?

Tony Browne
Unregistered guest
Thanks to all on this site. I definitely won't be buying a Bush DVRHSO2 now! I wonder why the first issue of "Active Home" gave it a great value rating in there group test of digital video recorders? Do they really test these products? Regards to all, Tony

Tim Sampson
Unregistered guest
Hi Tony.

I guess they got a working one, like me and many other people. (Or they didn't try to do any editing).

Cheers
Tim

Username: B12345

Port TalbotUnited Kingdom

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I have just recently recieved the Bush DVRHSO2 as a present. I sucessfully coped on VHS Video onto dvd+rw sucessfully. I have since tried to do two others without sucess. Now when I try to copy Videos that I recorded from the tv onto dvd it seems to start ok and after 1 hour sometimes or 19minutes it depends the television seems to kick in and when I look at the Bush DVRHSO2 it's still copying vhs to dvd. But I'm now watching tv. I press stop on the remote and nothing happened. Pressed power button on the remote and it powered off. switched on again and it wouldn't play disc. switched off unit and this time unplugged from mains. Left for a while and them plugged in and switched on let me play my recording onto disc. Tried recording video onto dvd again. same thing happened again. Switched off and unplugged again, left for a while. Came back after a while and decided to Play video nothing came up on the screen. My firmware is 2.5.2g . I am using SONY DVD+RW . Has anyone got any ideas.

Cheers
Bev

Username: Magichands

Hi, i just got mine from makro yesterday for £129 + vat,
it was an impulse buy and i hadn't seen the forum before, i found it by searching for a multi region hack,
I'm crossing my fingers as this unit looks great and if performs as stated then thats all i want,
i've burned a dvd with a film from my satellite hard drive,
i've copied a video onto a dvd and i've recorded 2 different programs on tv,
so far so good,
the only problem i had was a mp3 dvd not playing.

darthvader747
Unregistered guest
hi,I got mine from Makro as well, it works fine as a dvd recorder,however when I try to playback the dvd on my computer or other dvd players,it fails to play.

I have a pioneer DVD RW drive and I am aware that it accepts only DVD-R type of media to record disks and that the Bush dvd recorder accepts DVD+R type of media. I thought that these media types only mattered if one was recording not when trying to playback. After all you dont go and buy a dvd movie from the store and check if it is DVD-R/+R? I also gave the dvd to my friends and asked them to try and play it on their dvd players and it wont play either!!!!

Can anyone tell me how I can get my recorded DVDs to play on other dvd players? Is ther a way I can get my computer Pioneer DVD RW drive to playback DVD+R discs as well?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Post Number: 2
Mine play in my 2 pc's and in my xbox
try windvd 4

darthvader747
Unregistered guest
Can someone please give me the mail id for Bush customer support?

the email address for Bush Customer support is
customercare@albaplc.co.uk

Bush Radio plc
Customer Care Department
12 Thames Road
Barking
Essex IG11 0HZ
Customer Support
0870 873 0079
Spare Parts
0870 873 0094
Hope you find this helpful

Tim Sampson
Unregistered guest
Well, I finally feel part of the club ;-)

Mine has recently crashed during a "make compatible" and it has told me that several disks are full or unusable when they shouldn't be.

Post Number: 3
Darthvader, i hope you're finalising the dvd's
i've copied 28 videos so far and not one problem.

buckhysen
Unregistered guest
Just to underline...
I'm still using TDK DVD's to record to, and still no problems.

Then again I simply record and then finalise, i don't bother editing titles, etc... The only other thing I edit is the image.

But I'm surprisingly happy with the DVD at the moment.

Kev

darthvader747
Unregistered guest
Dear Andy, I was infact not finalising the discs, and now everything is fine and my dvds are playing on my computer etc. I would also add that I have had no problems with the bush dvd recorder uptill now. Thanks everybody

Anonymous

hi,
The best thing I did was to get rid of it.Budget price and budget quality,Bush were as usefull as a chcolate teapot.Sorry folks but they do not work as they should on recording,fantastic on play only.

Username: Keithrob

Seascale, Cumbria UNITED KINGDOM

to Z8. Can you please email me the upgrade copy of 2.6.8 as I am having no success with either Bush or Alba Thanks

Username: Ossymarkoo

Dear Z8. please Can you email me the upgrade copy of 2.6.8.I bought my bush machine early this year and i have been having problems with it.

Thank you

star of burntwood
Unregistered guest
I too have the same problems but incase you missed it download the file from here http://home.btconnect.com/collie/bush_firmware/index.html When you save it rename the file DMN_xx.CUB burn it to a cd-r. Put it in to your combi and hope for the best. It worked for me. Thanks to everybody for your help

Unregistered guest
Hi Guys
I am planning to buy bush dvrsh02 I found good offer on makro which is £140
But I do not know the combi set TV tuner can be receive frewiev or not
I am looking for in-built freview TV tuner and VCR DVD combi recorder
If any one can be give answer to my question I will be appriciate
Thanks

Hi,
This is just to let you know that after having problems with my Bush DVD DVHS02 I have now returned it to littlewoods home shopping and got a refund. I has having problems that were different to other people, and bush customer services didn't want to know. I think I must of had the newer version but they still didn't seem to have sorted out the problems. I will now be getting the RC1000 from Argos.
When I did finally get an email from Bush with the firmware update it was too late as I had returned my Bush DVD DVHRS02. The problems I had seemed different to other peoples. I coped VHS Video onto dvd+rw sucessfully. I have since tried to do two others without sucess. Now when I try to copy Videos that I recorded from the tv onto dvd it seems to start ok and after 1 hour sometimes or 19minutes it depends the television seems to kick in and when I look at the Bush DVRHSO2 it's still copying vhs to dvd. But I'm now watching tv. I press stop on the remote and nothing happened. Pressed power button on the remote and it powered off. switched on again and it wouldn't play disc. switched off unit and this time unplugged from mains. Left for a while and them plugged in and switched on let me play my recording onto disc. Tried recording video onto dvd again. same thing happened again. Switched off and unplugged again, left for a while. Came back after a while and decided to Play video nothing came up on the screen. My firmware is 2.5.2g . I am using SONY DVD+RW . Has anyone got any ideas. If anyone else has these problems I hope that the lastest firmware helps them.

Bushwhacked
Unregistered guest
Today I am a happy man.I have just saved myself £2oo. Searching for a DVRHS02 amongst the retailers , just about to contact Argus and get my order off when I chanced upon this forum.I wouldn't buy one now if you threatened me. Can't remember when or where i've read such a catalogue of misery!

Tim Sampson
Unregistered guest
tguinness: it doesn't have a built in Freeview receiver.

Unregistered guest
Bought a DVRHS02 from e-bay for £75 (as new) and received it last week - only found this forum after purchase. I am happy to say so far all the functions I have tried have worked. It plays VHS and DVD, I have copied from VHS to DVD, I have recorded onto DVD & VHS from SKY. I have even managed to finalise my DVD+R and play it in another machine. I haven't attached my camcorder to it yet. The only other thing I haven't tried is the editing function but i probably wouldn't be using it much anyway.
So far, seems like i am one of the lucky ones. Touch wood !!!!!!!

Username: Ironfighter

Have just purchased on of these infernal Bush combis from Tesco. Have connected it up nothing come up on the TV yet. This will be going straight back in the morning.

Gavin Morgan
Unregistered guest
Hello all

I've just bought one of these...

Anyway the link to the download file doesn't appear to work for me!

Any help much appreciated!

Post Number: 4
Tim, you are mad, this piece of kit is teh best purchase i have made this year,
I haven't had one problem at all.

Anonymous

I bought the Bush DVRHS02 back in December'04 and it started going wrong two months later. When I done a VCR to DVD transfer it crashed after 20 seconds, it also crashed when I attempted to the picture index. So as it was past the 16 day money back guarantee I thought that basically I should put up with it. It was only last month that I realised after looking to buy a new DVD recorder is why should I so I took it back to Argos and got a replacement which worked.........for a while. Now at present in August'05 after nearly filling a disc I cannot get back into the disc as it say's it's empty. I done the same with another disc which will not allow me finalise the disc and has also been corupted. I've been told to try a different disc type (Ritek) so i'll dive it go if it fails I will take it back to Argos and get a LG or Phillips or demand my money back. As I don't accept the saying of what you pay for is what you get, this cost £199 which to me is not cheap and price should not determine customer satisfaction..Quality should. Morale of the story if your not happy with a product complain!

Daniel Kimber
Unregistered guest
I bought the Bush DVRHS02 back in December'04 and it started going wrong two months later. When I done a VCR to DVD transfer it crashed after 20 seconds, it also crashed when I attempted to the picture index. So as it was past the 16 day money back guarantee I thought that basically I should put up with it. It was only last month that I realised after looking to buy a new DVD recorder is why should I so I took it back to Argos and got a replacement which worked.........for a while. Now at present in August'05 after nearly filling a disc I cannot get back into the disc as it say's it's empty. I done the same with another disc which will not allow me finalise the disc and has also been corupted. I've been told to try a different disc type (Ritek) so i'll dive it go if it fails I will take it back to Argos and get a LG or Phillips or demand my money back. As I don't accept the saying of what you pay for is what you get, this cost £199 which to me is not cheap and price should not determine customer satisfaction..Quality should. Morale of the story if your not happy with a product complain!

Unregistered guest
Amazing how you buy something in good faith - recommended by electrical man at Makro- then get it home and find 1). wrong instruction manual, 2). it doesn't do what it shows on the box 3). there is a website devoted to how awful the wretched machine is. I am off to Makro in 5 minutes to return it and (I hope)get a full refund. GOod luck to any other poor sap who bought one of these!

Username: Chimney

Handset Hack for Bush DVRHS02. (May require firmware update)

Multi-Region:

Push Setup button on the remote. Select System Info on the menu. Enter 1, 1, 0 and 1 on the remote. It shows Region code. Push 0 on the remote for region free.

GAZZAGARY
Unregistered guest
THANKS FOR THE ABOVE INFORMATION ON THE MULTI-REGION HACK FOR THE BUSH DVRHS02.

I WAS ABLE TO DO THIS IN NO TIME AT ALL AND IT WORKED FIRST TIME.

JUST REMEMBER TO PUSH ENTER AND EXIT AT THE END.

Sean C
Unregistered guest
I was just about to nip out and get one of these cursed machines! Well, I have to thank you all for saving me some time and money...not only mine but my parents' money too. They just ordered one and when I call them and inform them of this forum, it will be cancelled... Never trust anyone called Bush!

Sean C
Unregistered guest
I was just about to nip out and get one of these cursed machines! Well, I have to thank you all for saving me some time and money...not only mine but my parents' money too. They just ordered one and when I call them and inform them of this forum, it will be cancelled... Never trust anyone called Bush!

Blackfoot
Unregistered guest
Everyone, it appears we have all purchased a faulty peice of equipment. Bush are obviously aware of its downfall but still have it on sale in all the major outlets. What amaze me is depite thousands of them being returned they are still on the shelf. If the manufacturer will not be responsible about this inferior product then I think it should be down to the retail outlets to outlaw Bush if they refuse to solve the problem.

P
Unregistered guest
MESSAGE TO ALL
WE ALL need to send this page to Bush and bombard them util they put up their hands, if anyone out there know their email address, post it on this site, together we have the might!
LETS ALL EMAIL THEM UNTIL THEY RESPOND

stevesteg
Unregistered guest
could anyone tell me,i put a video to be recorded from in and a dvd disc vertabim and i get a warning message saying the disc doesnt have the same tv signal to the video and refuses to copy.can anyone help????

Jamesieboy
Unregistered guest
Hi everyone. I can't believe the amount of posts regarding this bl**dy thing. Anyway I was hoping that someone could help me. I am getting a message which comes up after I have tuned in the machine I have put the correct cables into the correct holes. I get sound coming through but no picture. The unit is wired through my Sky box. The message reads "There is no live picture at the input. Please check connections" I have done this and can find nothing wrong. Has anyone else had this problem and are there any ideas as how to remedy this other than the return of the unit? Thanks for any help.

Anonymous

is your channel on av1 and your sky box in av2.have you tried changing channel.from av1 to av2 and vice versa.also seems daft but sky needs to be on and not on stand by.

Anonymous

Boy am i pleased I read this lot. Thanks to everyone. - Argos are currently having a 'special offer' on this with £30 off, i can now see why. The old saying 'if it seems too good to be true it .... seems appropriate.

Chrissmith
Unregistered guest
quite agree with the above - I was also about to buy one in the Argos sale! Thank you everyone.

Username: Hair2day

CheshireEngland

hi please could anyone out there email me the a copy of the firmware disc for the BUSH DVRHSO2. my email addy is SANDRADUGADLE@AOL.COM thanx.

Pete22
Unregistered guest
Like Suzi27McD above, I also bought this machine from Ebay at the same time she did, unlike her though it was only until I upgraded my firmware to 2.5.2 that I could record to a DVD, the original DVD I was attempting to record to however remains unuseable by the recorder although I can record to it on my computer. I am using Tevion DVD+RW (from Aldi).

I hope my run of luck will continue and sympathies to those of you continuing to have problems.

Suzi27McD:

"Bought a DVRHS02 from e-bay for £75 (as new) and received it last week - only found this forum after purchase. I am happy to say so far all the functions I have tried have worked. It plays VHS and DVD, I have copied from VHS to DVD, I have recorded onto DVD & VHS from SKY. I have even managed to finalise my DVD+R and play it in another machine. I haven't attached my camcorder to it yet. The only other thing I haven't tried is the editing function but i probably wouldn't be using it much anyway.
So far, seems like i am one of the lucky ones. Touch wood !!!!!!!"

Unregistered guest
Hi all i have just got one of these things and i have had no problems recording / editing yet.
my software version is 2.5.2/G and my mincom software is 2.0.0
could someone please let me know if this is the most uptodate software release or does this version have hidden bugs?

Unregistered guest
Since writing my last post (25/07/05), I have tried some of the editing features - I lost one disc that I had recorded a film on after it stalled when trying to update the title picture on the menu screen. Everything else seems ok as long as I am not too ambitious. I am very cautious now of what I use to record depending on the importance of the content. If it is really important, I tend to use the VCR part rather than the DVD recorder, just in case. I can always transfer onto DVD afterwards if necessary. I haven't checked what version of firmware I have as I am afraid to look. If I am not up-to-date I might be tempted to install a newer version which could wreck the machine altogether.

kingfisher
Unregistered guest
I also made the mistake of buying one from Sainsbury's the other day! I didnt seem to have any trouble recording but I did get a shock from the machine when assemblying it. After an evening plugged in the thing froze up with a strange picture on the screen of like a street or courtyard and an arched doorway with "Languages " written over the top. I couldnt change any channels to get rid of the image....so I unplugged it and have put it back in the box...and off it goes back to the shop!

Unregistered guest
Wow am I glad that I thought to look up reviews for this machine before buying it. Argos have a great deal on at the moment, now I know why it is so good!
How can these companies get away with making such crap, and when the complaints come flying in they do nothing to really help the poor buggers who have shelled out good money for their faulty goods.
Although it is at your expense thanks again for saving us a lot of money.

anon e-mouse@cheese.uk
Unregistered guest
yea, power of the internet (possibly the only true democracy left in the uk) - you have just saved me busting a blood vessel courtesy of Bush inc.

:-)

squeak!

mooi1uk
Unregistered guest
Found this on the web:

Handset Hack for Bush DVRHS02. (May require firmware update)

Multi-Region:

Push Setup button on the remote. Select System Info on the menu.
Enter 1, 1, 0 and 1 on the remote. It shows Region code. Push 0 on the remote for region
free.
JUST REMEMBER TO PUSH ENTER AND EXIT AT THE END.

mjb
Unregistered guest
yes , i have seen that hack before, is there a way of hacking the Macrovision so i can convert all my videos to dvd without getting the copyright message?

Vic Goodyer
Unregistered guest
Hope this will help some of you who still have this machine , there is an update for the loader that allows use of a greater selection of +R and +RW discs . It does work I now have an extra 25 that discs that work on it that wouldnt before , It updates the loader to Z:180 . you can find it and instructions at

http://www.daewoo-electronics.co.uk/gb/products/av_dvd_combiplayer.htm

Vic Goodyer
Unregistered guest
As an update to my previous comment incase many of you arent aware all DVD recordable media has a specific code built in for the different dyes etc that are used , and these have to be programmed into the machine to enable them to be used , this is what the Z180 loader update has done , added more of these codes into your recorder , hence the wider compatability of +R and +RW media . One thing I would like to know though with refference to this machine is do you all have the I-Link connection or not ? Is the DVHRS02 two different machines . one with I-link and one without . One with square DVD fascia one with rounded ? My manual shows it should have I-link , but doesnt .thanks.

Sussex Pete
Unregistered guest
Well this was a scary find after purchasing this unit.... I have however found the two things I needed to drive those fears into a darker part of my mind... The link in Vic's post got me the 2.6.0 version of the software.. The unit now thinks it's a Daewoo.. Big deal...

With this in mind I went searching for a multi-region hack for the daewoo... http://www.dvd365.net/?hacks/daewoo.htm - the one for the 4150P..
My player is now complete.. newest software and playing all region disks.. not bad for £150..

I'm sure I'll grow to hate it, but not as much as the last one with the two second delay between the buttons and the machine responding. But we'll see when that is.. I'm sure the future is not all doom and gloom...

Many thanks to all.....

IIT
Unregistered guest
Nearly bought this machine. Thanks for all the negative reports. Back to the drawing board!

Tony 1957
Unregistered guest
Me too! I usually find Bush products OK - but I'll give this one a miss!

Vic Goodyer
Unregistered guest
I actually got mine from sainsburys for £127-50 as my wife works for them and got a discount . I find it a hell of an improvement on the two seperate units I had before . Touch wood has no snags or faults , records perfectly on either the VCR or DVD and great quality recordings off the the VCR to DVD , the TV tuner seems good using the scart connection to the TV , so maybe the latest models are o.k , or I am just lucky , anyway I am very happy with it , but still touching lots of wood .

divingbrit
Unregistered guest
Vic could you tell me what brand of disks you have been using with this machine? (as I too got mine for £127-50)

Unregistered guest
Chaps, first time on here and I'm after a favour:-) Just retrieved my DVRHSO2 from the loft after some decorating and can't find the manual.
Could some kind person supply me with a photocopy, obviously I'll pay any costs involved.
Please email me on kevparker147@yahoo.co.uk if you can help. I've tried emailing Bush but having same sort of problems everyone seems to be having i.e. no response.

many thanks
Kev Parker

Vic Goodyer
Unregistered guest
hi divingbrit am using bulkpaq 4x white label +R and infiniti 8x blue label +R ( the latter only since the update for discs I mentioned earlier ) and memorex or phillips + RW's , get good results from all . hope this helps

Vic Goodyer
Unregistered guest
With ref to Sussex Petes post I only updated the disc part not the whole update , I left the software as 2.5.2 . I thought as its o.k in other respects dont alter the firmware , keep that in reserve for the future if I get problems .

NiteHawk
Unregistered guest
Thanks Vic. I too have a Daewoo now instead of a Bush by changing the firmware to 2.6 and Z180. First impressions are very promising. I am able to burn to DVD's unreadable before, and the whole operation seems more stable and responsive, as it should have been when I bought it a year ago. Keep up the good work ;-)

NiteHawk
Unregistered guest
Thanks Sussex Pete, the firmware setup seems to be working well. It has coped with all I have asked of it so far, and your link means I am now region FREE too. I recommend this change to anyone still having problems with their original Bush.

Suzi27Mcd
Unregistered guest
Hi Sussex Pete, can you tell me do all the functions work the same as in the Bush Manual even though you are using the different software (Daewoo) ? eg timers, set up menus etc. i would be worried that the remote control functions would not correspond.

NiteHawk
Unregistered guest
Hi Suzi27Mcd, I can confirm that the functions do work.

david lodge
Unregistered guest
everything works fine with all the new firmware, only sometimes when i split tracks it freezes!

Unregistered guest
Hi can somebody please tell me where i get the firmware update for the DVHRS02 as it`s driving me nuts, please please help. Thankyou. please email me on sheinricci1@aol.com. thanks

christoph
Unregistered guest
hi there every one.... could some kind person tell me how i can alter the colours on dvd combi mc is dvhrs02 only the faces are green....i cant seem to find it in menu.....please thanks

NiteHawk
Unregistered guest
Hi manfred1, Tim Sampson (above) gave a couple of links, but only one is working now. I have copied it below.

http://www.the-sampsons.co.uk/bush

Wildey
Unregistered guest
DVHRS02 from Makro, had absolutely no problems with it, must be a rogue!

AFCMan
Unregistered guest
Hi all,
I've had the DVHRS02 since August and it has woked ok for me apart from the following problems;
* There seems to be a problem with the Auto-Tracking function when watching or recording video. The picture will flicker to start, while the tracking is "settling down", but after 3-5 mins or so, the picture will start to flicker again as though the Auto-Tracking has kicked back in, making many of my videos unwatchable and unrecordable. Highly Annoying!
* I've had no problems internally with the Dvd record function, but when it comes to finalising the disk and trying to play it on a Playstation, PC or someone elses Dvd player, I get a "incorrect disk" or "no data" message, although when re-inserting the disk back into the DVHRS02 it is fully watchable. Also, when re-checking a finalised disk, it will show on the menu that "disk has not been finalised" but when I go to re-finalise it, it will say that it HAS been, and should be compatible. Also Highly Annoying!

I'm now going to try the Firmware upgrade to see if that helps, but if anyone else can give me any advice on these problems please post here or email me at AFCman@hotmail.com.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Many Thanks :-)

AFCMan
Unregistered guest
Regarding my previous post above, the Firmware update made no difference to the Finalising problem I am having.
I've now sent an email to Bush (customercare@albaplc.co.uk) stating the problems I'm having and will be reporting them to Watchdog and Trading Standards if I do not receive a decent fix to the problem.

gsa
Unregistered guest
hi does anyone know if you can upgrade the DVRHSO2 to play vcd and svcd

Unregistered guest
had an LG before chrismas, VCR didnt work - went back to Argos, got this bush thing, setup ok, tv + satellite ok, pre recoded dvd ok, blank dvd - dies! Menu gives 'Busy' and if you do an eject nothing happens (front panel or remote) so now i am stuck with a very expensive vcr needless to say its going back (complete with blank drv which is jammed inside) btw dvd is a maxell dvd-rw

beware!

Unregistered guest
basic recording worked fine. There were some gliches overnight recording and NEVER touch the edit button. philips dvd+rw (dvdrwis04/300)seemed perfect and worked in PC too.
The problems came when I tried to get more discs and they seem to have changed the code to dw4s4t05f/10. These don't work.

thommy
Unregistered guest
I've had one of these machines for a year now and have experienced many problems too. i.e freezing/not recording/corrupting discs etc.I put in a blank disk DVD+R and tried to record a 4 hour programme on EP. the machine showed it was recording all O.K but when i played back the DVD it said it was empty even though the time left on the disk for recording inferred that it had recorded.I have tried phoning the customer care helpline but after 25 minutes on hold I gave up.My warranty has just expired but now my extended warranty has taken over for 2 years ( for £28 )with Domestic and General....does this put me in a better position?? any help or advise would be gratefully recieved thanks in advance..........john.T
PS I have E-mailed the alba address but not had any reply as yet!!!!

Unregistered guest
Could anyone kindly advise me on how to connect my telewest cable box to vcr,dvd recorder,tv, as I am having difficulty.
Much Obliged

Unregistered guest
Could anyone kindly advise me on how to connect my telewest cable box to vcr,dvd recorder,tv, as I am having difficulty.
Much Obliged

Mike Daley
Unregistered guest
I have ownership of a Bush dvhrso2 and have found that the dvd section is totaly unstable with a mind of it's own. The machine is unfit for the purpose for which it is sold and is of unmerchantable quality and Bush who have put their name on the product are responsible.After reading the entries on this web site I believe Bush need to make a very positve response to all these unhappy customers they used to have.

Norman Hutt
Unregistered guest
I have been lucky so far with mine, two weeks old, bought from Tescos. Records videos faultlessly on to DVD, and TV from Sky to DVD no problems time after time, but so far only with DVD-RW discs from TDK. These play on my PC OK as well. I am not very technical, I wonder how long this will last. Only problem has been freezing occasionally on deleting, but switching off and back on solves this, though unsatisfactory.

Unregistered guest
Having trouble connecting TV with 1 Scart plug, DVD and Sky box someone could advise me. Wishing I had read this first it seems a load of trouble we have bought

dave giles
Unregistered guest
I have had two of these machines purchased from argos,have lost 15 dvd+r discs which i paid good money for.Took machine number 2 back to argos for a full refund,asked the lady behind the counter if argos were aware of the problems with this machine,she didnt want to get into that conversation which leads me to believe that argos do.What concerns me is that they are still prepared to sell these machines to unsuspecting members of the public as it is now being sold in their new book.My advice to anyone is STEER WELL CLEAR OF THIS PILE OF CRAP.

Vic Goodyer
Unregistered guest
Well Dave I would have suggested you use the firmware update that enables a far greater number of discs to be used on this fantastic DVD and VHS recorder , it really is great for the money . All DVD recorders need firmware upgrades because the dies keep changing on the disks ,

mickthetrick
Unregistered guest
I have just ordered and paid for one of these items,prior to reading this!!
hasn't arrived yet but will keep everyone posted..... fingers crossed

Unregistered guest
oh dear! i bought this unti at xmas time and so far i havent had any probs . i appear to have the old firmware, but arent changing something that doesnt appear broken. i have only one issue that for some reason the clock keeps going back to 2004! i backed up over 100 videos to dvd and never lost a disk.(dr who - sad i know!) copy from sky no problems and unlocked the region issue. i would like to know how to turn of the macrovision issue thougth!! advice would be nice here

Unregistered guest
oh dear! i bought this unti at xmas time and so far i havent had any probs . i appear to have the old firmware, but arent changing something that doesnt appear broken. i have only one issue that for some reason the clock keeps going back to 2004! i backed up over 100 videos to dvd and never lost a disk.(dr who - sad i know!) copy from sky no problems and unlocked the region issue. i would like to know how to turn of the macrovision issue thougth!! advice would be nice here

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
Just got one of these recorders, second-hand (now I know why they were selling it!). I have a problem which hasn't appeared on this forum. On plugging it in, the LCD displays "--:--" (pretty much normal). However, pressing any button, the display changes to "WAIT_ _ _" for about 2 mins, then goes back to standby. A video cassette will load, but not play, and the DVD will not open. Has anyone got any ideas?

Unregistered guest
I have only just discovered this forum after a year of problems with my dvhrso2 machine. I thought the discs were at fault ( Defective Media Notice ) and kept returning them back to the shop. Recording had been pot luck until I used Hyundai dvd+r discs. These seem to be the only discs which work perfectly in my machine. I have wasted quite a lot of discs and missed out on some great programmes I should have recorded. Maybe it's a little too late for me to return the machine back to Argos?

Frank Fraser
Unregistered guest
Hi,
Bought one of these machines from Amazon and colour on video and dvd is greenish hue (TV o.k.). Phoned Bush Helpline (ha ha) and was told machine faulty, return to retailer. Disgusted by attitude of Bush rep, unfortunately had not seen this web site or would not have bought one. Does anyone know how to change the setting so that the green background disappears. Copied material plays o.k. on other machines so must be setting on DVRHS02. Rest of machine working o.k. apart from having to switch of at mains when no response from control panel. If no response I suppose I'll just have to ship it back to Amazon and see what happens. It is ridiculous that these machines are still being sold when it is obvious that there are numerous faults.

Frank Fraser
Unregistered guest
Hi,
Bought one of these machines from Amazon and colour on video and dvd is greenish hue (TV o.k.). Phoned Bush Helpline (ha ha) and was told machine faulty, return to retailer. Disgusted by attitude of Bush rep, unfortunately had not seen this web site or would not have bought one. Does anyone know how to change the setting so that the green background disappears. Copied material plays o.k. on other machines so must be setting on DVRHS02. Rest of machine working o.k. apart from having to switch of at mains when no response from control panel. If no response I suppose I'll just have to ship it back to Amazon and see what happens. It is ridiculous that these machines are still being sold when it is obvious that there are numerous faults.

Unregistered guest
Hi Guys.
My problem with the DVHRS02 has only just materialised after two years of trouble free playing & copying. I many use it to record tape to DVD +. The problem I have is that it shows "No Disk" when I load a Datawrite 16x blank DVD. It does however seem to work on a Datawrite 8x. Has anyone else had problems with the machine being selective in the disks it accepts.

susan p
Unregistered guest
Hi there-

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to offer me some assistance. I purchased the DVHRS02 last September from Sainsbury's. Up until last week I had experienced no problems with the machine.
I bought this product as I wanted to convert my VHS collection to DVD. Among this collection were quite a few NTSC format tapes as I used to live in the states and brought some home videos back home with me. I wanted a VCR/DVD recorder that would be able to copy these tapes to DVD and thought that if I purchased this machine (NTSC compatible) it would work.
When I attempted to copy the NTSC tapes to DVD+RW discs it came up with a program error message (disc is not compatible message)I then tried a DVD-R disc which failed to register with the machine at all.
I would be so very very grateful to anyone who could advise me on the best course of action.
Thank You
Susan

Unregistered guest
HI CAN I JUST SAY TO ALL USERS OF BUSH DVHRS02 RECORDER, THAT IM VERY HAPPY WITH MINE HAD IT NOW AROUND A YEAR, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IVE HAD TO TRY OUT LOTS OF DISCS BEFORE I WAS HAPPY, IVE FOUND THE BEST ONES TO BE MAXELL DVD+R NO PROBLEMS EVER, VERY CHEAP TO BUY TOO, I GET MINE FROM ASDA ABOUT £3 FOR A 5PACK, YOU CAN GET THEM MUCH CHEAPER ON THE NET.
IM NOW TRYING TO FIND A COMPATIBLE PRINTABLE DVD, SO FAR IVE HAD NO LUCK JUST WASTED 25 DVDS, UNFORTUNATELY MAXELL DONT DO +R VERSION YET, ONLY PRINTABLE ON -R.
NO GOOD TO THIS MACHINE!!!!!!!
ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS? TDK PERHAPS???
ALL THE BEST HUGH

Dave H.
Unregistered guest
I guess this post is going to sound like a lot of the others above (except for HUGHIE). I bought my DVRHS02 from Sainsbury's last July. At first the picture quality was rubbish, but I think that was my TV (I've recently had to buy a new one and the colour is fine but only if I use a specific AV input, otherwise it's green - see Frank Fraser above).

Anyway, recently I've tried to finalise some discs, but it doesn't seem to do it although it says it has. I believe there is a firmware upgrade to fix this (see poster z28 back in Feb 05) and I have emailed customercare@alpbaplc.co.uk. However Mike Smith posted above that when he received & installed a firmware upgrade from Bush his machine became totally unusable, so I am not sure what I will do if/when I receive anything. I will let you know what happens next.

I am tempted to return the machine to Sainsbury's anyway, as they are initially responsible. I can't believe that they haven't had loads returned already. I for one don't like using something when all you can think of is when it's going to pack up on you!

Dave Hennings.

Username: Rosep

Can any one assist? I have a DVHRSO2, a sky digibox with 2 scarts and a Bush tv with 2 scarts. What is the correct way of connecting these up

Username: Martindup

BournemouthEngland

Hi guys,

I've had my Bush DVD player for over a year now, never had a problem. I have just found the multi region hack for the player. If you need to know, e-mail me at - martinjacqui2001@yahoo.co.uk

Also - I have found the right DVD+R disks to use for my player and have no problems whatsoever. If you need to know, e-mail me.

Very pleased with it. Oh by the way, I bought it at ARGOS....

Thanks.
Martin.

Username: Lovejoy

Oh dear just my luck!
My Dubya DVHRS02 has just gone toes up 10 days after the warranty has run out. Macro (where I bought it) don't want to know. Went to a repair shop and they took one look at it and said "No thanks we don't want to get involved with one of those". So last resort contacted Bush (Alba) and hoping for a reply.
I just get a message "WAIT" when I turn it on.
Does anyone know where to kick it or any other ideas?

Username: Rogerb

My DVHRS02, which has worked fine for the last 16 months, has just started refusing to record to DVD. It goes through all the motions but when you try and replay the recording it comes up as disc empty. Initially when it started going wrong, 2 weeks ago, the disk menu displayed the boxes, but without any pictures in them. It is as if the directory track has not been written to the DVD. Does anyone know if this is a hardware or firmware problem? and any know fixes.

Username: Chapel44

how do you finalise dvd?

Username: Rogerb

Dear John,
I don't get that far - it should display thumbnails without finalizing.

Managed to get a local shop to look at my DVHRS02 and he diagnosed the DVD drive to be at fault but is unable to track down a replacement.
It's a Loader (BDR-L04P) built by BTC (China).
I have contacted BTC (NL branch) and they say that the drive is OEM and not a retail product!
They suggest that I could use a DRW1004IM but the F/W is different and are not unable to release the correct F/W so I might encounter some problems. Have contacted Bush again and asked if they can advise on how I can find a replacement disk.
I am tempted to just buy a dvd writer off the shelf but will it work?

Username: Suzi27mcd

N. Ireland

OK, I had posted back in Oct/Nov 2005 that I had bought one of these machines and the only problems I had were with editing the DVD after recording. No major hassle as I was only experimenting anyway. I now have a more annoying problem. I had the machine correctly set up for recording from both normal tv (using external aerial) or recording from SKY. All the channels were tuned in correctly and could choose SKY on AV2 or the normal channels using PR 01 etc. Now, the only channel it seems to want to show is SKY whether it is on AV1 / AV2 /AVF / PR 01 / PR 02 etc. If you remove the SKY scart it will eventually pick up the normal channels but I never had to do that before.
I was wondering whether the firmware update that everyone talks about would cure this or is the machine just dying on me. As far as I know everything else is working, it still records as long as I record from a SKY channel. I wouldn't want to do the update and find that it makes it worse.

I still keep an eye on this forum to see what other problems people are having with this machine and it makes for scary reading.

If anyone had experienced the same problem or knows what to do, please let me know. (I definitely have all the cables in the right place and they are all secure. It has worked before.).

I know most of you would probably recommend just giving up and buying a newer, better make.

I bought a DVD writer but no success.
Still no reply from Bush Product Support.

My advice to anyone who's machine is still in warranty is ditch the rubbish get your money back as quick as possible

In the immortal words of Monty Python "I think the parrot is dead!"

Username: Claimed_bear

Craigavon, Armagh Uinted Kingdom

Have just bought one of these from Argos. Have connected it up as per instructions in booklet to a Thomson Sky Digibox. It just says "wait" on the display for 5 mins, then switches off. A blue screen appears on TV, Sky disconnects. Has anyone any ideas? Can anyone give me their product support telephone number for UK/Ireland, or their website? Any help would be much appreciated.

Username: Claimed_bear

Craigavon, Armagh United Kingdom

Further to my recent post, had no success wiring it up to a different tv, without the Sky. It seems the unit is faulty, so took it back to Argos for a full refund. Can anyone recommend an alternative make/model?

Username: Cassie

HullUnited Kingdom

Hi everyone. Like the magority I think my purchase was a mistake. A bit like Dave H. when I try to playback a VHS after a while the picture starts going green or red and the sound keeps coming and going. I thought perhaps it did'nt like the TV so I have moved it to another one but I cannot get into the menu to start the setup with a different TV. I thought it was my lack of know how with all the new technoligy but after reading all the posts from other people I am not so sure. Can anybody help me please or will I have to cut my losses and buy another, not a bush. I think I have left it too late to return.

Username: Djcolling

Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

I have the problem of only getting Sky if the scart connector from the sky box is plugged in!
Any fix?

Username: Tinkerman2003

hi there i have just bought this dvd recorder/vhs combi yesterday and what a dog it has been to setup. and also the picture on the dvd and vcr are bad can u help me to get the picture better please.

N. Ireland

Anthony, How are you setting it up? Is it attached only to the TV or is there a sky box etc attached as well. Is the picture bad when you play a DVD or Video or is it just the TV channels pictures are bad? Do the VCR and DVD seem to be working ok with just a bad picture ? U need to give us a bit more info to help you.

Suzanne.

Username: Debragrant

Post Number: 4
well i have just got this and I can't install. I have the Scart & RF connect to the TV but I can't see the installation screen. IS it due to me using a portable aerial?

Username: Davyjohn

Hi everyone. A quick update on my post of 6 March above. I returned my Bush to Sainsburys and they refunded without a quibble 8 months after I bought it. However I have been looking for a replacement machine for a month or so, and nothing I have found seems to compare with the editting features of the DVRHS02. Panasonic DMREZ45 comes nearest but only if you use RAM discs. I was being tempted back to the Bush in the hope I got one that worked fine. It is currently available from Argos for £140. However from recent posts above there still seem to be rogue machines on sale so I guess that would be a bad move.

Thanks to all on this thread.

Dave H.

Username: Debragrant

Post Number: 5
I have this machine and I have some DVD recording problems.

I can record to VHS and copy VHS-DVD but I can't record straight to DVD from the TV. Has anyone else had this problem.

Also I have some videos I want to copy. 1 is disney 1987ish & is protected, another is 1993. This doesn't say it's protected but that the TV output or something is incorrect can this be changed?

Username: Victoria_grant

HELP!!!

I am new on here and am having a lot of problems with my DVD recorder.

I have inherited a Bush DVHRS02 from my parents but apparently they were unable to get it working with their Sony Aquos TV and have bought a new DVD recorder in order to stop having to transfer another player from another room. Unfortunately they have had the machine for over a year (think it's about a year and a half) so I'm not going to able to get a replacement from Bush or Argos.I have an "older" Goodmans 14" TV and have connected it using option 1 (Scart lead from TV to player, ariel in TV and cable from TV to player) and I am getting the screen jumping and splitting into 4 pictures....and it's green!!!! I am using seperate machines at the minute but really want to be able to use the machine to at least try and transfer my videos to DVD.

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

N. Ireland

Victoria,

Try putting the aerial in the player rather than the TV, and then connect the player to the TV with the other cable

You still need the scart lead from player to TV as well.

Good Luck,

Suzanne

Username: Dazzill

I have recently bought this Bush unit on e-bay for £37 as a factory refurbished unit . So far it does everything I need and has transferred all my VCRs onto DVD, records off TV. The e-bay shop is in Ireland so postage was £14, but it has been worth every penny It also came with 3 months warranty, hopefully the refurb has sorted the glitches out. I am using Phillips DVD+RW which work a treat

Username: Pfgiz

Hi,

I've owned one of these units for a year now, no worries. I've just started putting videos onto DVDs and found the 'finalize disk' option doesn't appear in my menus.

I've upgraded the firmware to the Daewoo one as I had the dvd recording errors. But the finalize option still doesn't show...

Has anyone else seen this, and if so what's the solution....???

Many thanks....

Username: Nickwilsdon

Hi,

I'm having similar problems to everyone else. The machine seems to record video to DVD easily enough but these disks won't play on any other DVD player or my PC. Pretty useless.

I had thought Bush were using their own format but it seems this is a problem with their machine from the other posters here.

I'll try upgrading the firmware but I guess this isn't going to help the 15 disks I've recorded already :-(

I've not seen the 'finalize disk' option either - same as Peter. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Username: Johnfh

Mine works fine, Bought through ebay from Ireland - cheap.

Answer is here:
http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=198976

Good luck

Username: Bushpig

It may be that you haven't finalised the disc.

Once you have finished recording, use the remote to select the 'Disc Menu' by pressing the 'Menu' Button.

Navigate to the Disc Menu

Navigate to the finalise option and select Yes.

This navigation seems very slow so be patient.

Username: Abassi

Milano, Milano ˜»

Can any one assist? I have a DVHRSO2, a sky digibox with 2 scarts and a Bush tv with 2 scarts. What is the correct way of connecting these up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us