To those who used fryguy's idea

Anonymous

Can you explain how the project went, how it all turned out? thanks.

Username: Arcadeboy

Post Number: 3
Yeah dude, I just complete the mod and it worked BEAUTIFULLY. I powered up a sony xplode amp to 2 6x9s and played music from my computer. It was glorious. I am going to get another power supply to do it again for my alpine amp which is attached to 2 10" subs. I had a good system in my previous car and I salvaged it for here. I took good closeup pictures of my wiring and will post them as soon as they are developed. I followed the wiring document by fryguy and it was very simple. I am going to put the system in a MAME cabinet so it can double as a jukebox (and hopefully a LOUD one). I could use some advice on another pair of speakers though, my sony amp is 4 channel, 50 Watts RMS each, and I only have 2 3-way mbquarts hooked up. I need to get another set for the other 2 channels. Any recommendations?

Bronze Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 89
ok i have a question for you then. How are you enclosing your speakers? thats the only problem i might have, i was going to buy a set of kappa perfects but i have no idea how i would enclose them without building my own box.

Post Number: 4
I bought 6x9 speaker enclosures from ebay. 12 bucks for 2. Ebay search "6x9 box". You will get lots of hits. Or go to crutchfield.com and search for it there under the section for speaker enclosures/boxes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
ok, then thats a bit of a problem. see, kappa perfects are 1" tweeter and 6.5" midrange/woofer.. they are completely round, not the elliptical shape that you have with a 6x9. so i guess i will be building my own box for these, lol.

Post Number: 5
Ahh... yeah. If you are going to build your own, I suggest you check this out: http://www.electronixwarehouse.com/education/enclosures/main.htm
It's a short guide to building your own boxes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
thanks for the site CJ.. i don't know where fryguy is but i have some questions for him. anyways, do you happen to have another method of contact besides these forums? you can send me a PM if you don't want to post them here.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
CJ, can you do me a favor? take one of your PSU's, meter the +12v wires and tell me the wattage. compare what you get to the rating of the PSU, tell me the results. thanks if you can
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us