I wanted to get a new home theatre system with the budget of 700$ and discoved HTIB are junk and you can do better by making your own system.
Looking at all the choices, it is really crazy! Does some of you have any recommendation for a set of speaker and a receiver, with decent quality and sleeker built, which i can get under $750.
Silver MemberUsername: Edster922
Abubala, Ababala The Occupation
Post Number: 170
Well, if you must have 5 speakers then this is what I'd do:
1. five Fluance SV-6 bookshelves all around ($350 shipped from fluance.com)
2. JVC RX-F10 all digital receiver, $230 shipped from Amazon.com
3. Toshiba 3960 DVD/CD player, $50 shipped from jandr.com
4. Dayton 10" sub, $143 shipped from partsexpress.com
5. generic 12 gauge speaker cable from HomeDepot, maybe $20
Altogether just a little over your budget, at $800.
You can shave some money off if you substitute Pioneer 515 ($190 shipped at vanns.com) or Pioneer 514 ($124 shipped at ecost.com) for the JVC receiver.
Even with those sacrifices you'd still kill an HTIB easily I'd say.