connect 2 Marantz1060 int amps together

Username: Bldrstair

St. Louis, Mo.

Post Number: 1
Ihave 2 Marantz 1060 integrated amps that I would like to use together where only one of the preamps is used for the controls , but I will use both amplifiers. I love the sound , but want a little more power. Thanking you in advance

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3362

What are you thanking us for in advance?

St. Louis, Mo.

Post Number: 2
For your help.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3365

OK. Your welcome.

St. Louis, Mo.

Post Number: 3
Allready, I see that asking for help from
people more knowlegable on this subject then
I am, and trying to be courtious at the same time is not going to work very well. Is it time for me to tuck my tail between my legs and run away? Or can I quietly hang around and get some answers.
It's your call

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3367

I'll be glad to help if I can. You just have to tell me what it is you want help with. Your first post doesn't explain enough. Give me more information and maybe we can work this out. I really have no idea what you want to do with these two amps. How do you think you are going to connect them, and what advantage do you think you will gain? More power? More power to do what? More power by itself doesn't really get you much. First I need to know if the amplifiers have separate pre amp outputs and main amp inputs and what type of speakers you are going to drive. Do the speakers have the ability to be bi-amped? Do you have a plan for hooking these amps together that you want to check out; or what is your plan? You need to give more detail. That's why no one answered your question to begin with.

St. Louis, Mo.

Post Number: 4
Lets try this again. I have 2 stereo integrated amplifiers, both have main in pre out. On one unit,the preamp works very well. The other unit, the preamp does not work. Both amplifiers work well. What I would like to do, in essence is connect the amps so both right channels are connected together and both left channels are connected together.
In my limited electronic knowledge, I would call this connecting the amplifiers in series.
Bi-amping to me means bi wiring the speakers
so one amp will handle the low freq. and the other amp will handle the highs.
In my case, I am allready using a powered sub woofer so my speakers are allready" bi amped"
For simplicity sake, in my origional post,
I said both amps are the same ,but they are not.
The marantz1060 int. amp is 30 watts per chennel
The Marantz 1152DC int.amp is 76 watts per channel the 1152dc's preamp does not work.
I know I can use the amplifier of the 1152dc with the 1060 preamp. I'm doing that right now
With a Yamaha b-2 amp as my current setup.
I'm sorry about the rambling on.
I've thought about leaving the jumpers connecting
pre in, main out in place and connecting the tape out to the main in on the 1152dc but I don't know if that will work.
The other solution, would be to connect from the 1060's speaker terminals to the main in on the 1152dc. to me that sounds scary, but I just don't know.

i'll

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3380

Yeah, that is scary. Fire engines and flashing lights type scary.

From what your describing, I see no way to accomplish the task. You can run the amps from the pre amp out with no problem. That will amount to a parallel connection from the one set of pre outs. Each amp can feed as many speakers as it will tolerate. But you cannot hook up two amp in series or parallel from the speaker outputs to any other connection. The inputs on the amplifiers are designed to accept a small voltage and very small current signal. By feeding the high voltage/high current speaker level signal to the main amp inputs, you are asking for the fire trucks to pay a visit.

Bottom line is the wattage an amplifier produces is the wattage you are going to have to use. You can't create more by daisy chaining amps.

St. Louis, Mo.

Post Number: 5
Thank you very much, the answer was anticipated
although it was not what I wanted to here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us