NAD T763 and mysterious shutdowns

Username: Colinhtucker

OK US

Post Number: 1
Two years old, this receiver began shutting itself off every two or three minutes. It has not moved in months, and has ample ventilation in all directions. Speaker connections check out clean at both ends.

Recovery is easy: the unit turns on promptly with the remote. After an hour or two of misfiring, it quits this oddness, and runs smoothly.

Is there a fault I'm overlooking, or, does my backyard neighbor have a powerful IR remote that NAD interprets as "off"?

jshaw92987
Unregistered guest
I had that problem with a t753 . It would shut down periodically for no reason. Took it back the place I bought it from. Nad decided to replace it . The audio store sent it back to NAD but could only speculate on the problem. Maby bad power supply or loose solder connection . There is a way to reset the computer but I,m not sure how to do it and I don,t think its going to make a difference. Beside your unit is 2 years old so I think you are stuck paying for a fix! Nad problems are well documented on this site so I would dive into this site more and you get alot more info. Good luck I hope i helped a little. john

jshaw92987
Unregistered guest
PS I only had the NAD for a month and it was replaced with a new one which has been great for almost 8 months . Knock on wood ! JOHN

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 460
One more reason not to buy NAD. It's a wonder why people buy them with all the problems they have with hissing sound, shutdowns...etc...etc...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us