Athena s.5 good mix with Paradigm Atom

Anonymous

Hi, I want something smaller for rear surround. I have Paradigm Atoms and CC270 in front. Will Athena s.5 a blend to the Paradigms?

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 121
Smaller than Paradigm Atoms. Huh. They make really good wall mounts for the Atoms. I used Atoms for rears for awhile and they were fine. Paradigm used to make a speaker called the Micro in the same line as the Atom only smaller. You may want to ask around. The Athena will work but I always believe in staying voice matched all the way around. That way if you do multi channel music it will sound right. If all you are going to do is Hollywood crash bang movies then you can put nearly anything in the rear.

Anonymous

Good point on the multi-channel music. Micro is about the same size as the s.5 but it is one inch deeper. I will either go with Atom+s.5 or Atoms-only or s.5-only. Micro has smaller driver and completely different tweeter than the Atom.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 157
All Paradigm series speakers are voice matched so the Micro would work though I'm not sure if I would use it. Another set of Atoms is a good choice. Also Paradigm makes a Cinema series which has some wall mount speakers. Enjoy.

Anonymous

Is Cinema series voiced matched with Atom (Performane Series)?

Is it a very bad idea to mix different brand for centre and side/surround speakers? e.g. CC170 centre + 4 Athena s.5?

Thanks

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 159
All Paradigms are voice matched. So they say. I would try not to mix and match the series especially up front. And you definately do not want a different brand center than front L-R's.

a n d y
Unregistered guest
last question, how's Athena s.5 compare to Paradigm Atom v2?

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 162
Give me the Paradigms anytime. Both a "Stereophile" and "Absolute Sound" recommended product.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us