Onkyo TX-D575S A/V Receiver

Username: Bnc119

Post Number: 1
Hi all,
I have a strange problem that perhaps someone can help with. I have a very simple setup - an Onkyo TX-D575S receiver, two polk floor-standings, and a polk powered-sub. I use this set-up to play mp3s from my computer. I have a monster cable connection from my soundcard to the reciever, which is physically about 15' away. The receiver has no other inputs. The receiver itself is fairly old - 5+ years. When I got it, things worked great, but then I moved and the reciever sat in a box in normal room temperature for about 1 year. I recently put my system back together and now I find that I only get sound about half the time I turn it on! Half the time it works great. The other half, I get no sound. To remedy this problem, I've found that if I shuffle through the equalizer modes (concert hall, stereo, tv studio, etc..) for about 5 minutes, finally one of the settings will catch and produce sound. I can't figure out what the problem could be. I'm pretty sure all the connections are secure since I get sound half the time. Unfortunatley, I dont have any other inputs - no TV, no CD player, no DVD player, etc... so I can't really test other inputs. I've tried changing the input of the mp3 connection - same result. I've tried removing the speaker wires from the monster cable clips and physically wrapping the ends around the speaker inputs - same result. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Is my receiver defective? Like I said, it's rather old, but perhaps I can just have a part replaced in it. Once I get sound, I seem to be OK. That is, as long as the receiver stays on, I wont lose sound. This problem tends to occur when I come home from work and the receiver has been sitting in stand-by mode all day. Once it's "warmed-up" I experience no problems. Maybe the signal from my computer gets lost over the 15' cable? I realise I am not running the most hi-fi setup here. ANY help would be much appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us