Please help.... In a speaker dilema...choosing between wharfedale 9.1 or B&W 602 S3

Username: Kirkmustaine

Post Number: 1
Hey all...
I'm stuck between choosing between the wharfedale Diamond 9.1's and the B&W 602 S3's..
I'm buying a cambridge audio Azur 640a... I haven't been decided on the cd player yet, but i'm most likely going to get the 540c(can't quite afford the 640c with my budget).
Anyways I've heard nothing but good reviews about these 2 speakers... and they both seem my price range.. so any suggestions?.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 112
Yes, buy the B&W's and don't look back. They are both good speakers but the B&W's are more laid back and faithful to the recording. I believe that Paradigm's Monitor Series sounds better and more accurate than the B&W 600 series. I listened to them side by side and chose Paradigm Monitor 5's. It's all a matter of personal taste. Let your ears be the judge.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 129
My suggestion is to listen to both and let your ears decide for you. I did not like the B&W as much but that is only my opinion.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your posts...
The only problem is... I can't listen for myself.. cos there aren't any proper hi-fi shops nearby. I'm choosing the cambridge audio azur series.. cos my friend has one.. and it sounds dam awesome.
He was using the mission 780 speakers.
The only way i can decide is between the wharfedale 9.1 and b&w 602 S3 is by seeing what ppl have to say for them in terms of character.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 116
That is a problem becuase thwy are all great speakers. Toss a coin. You'll be the winner whichever you choose.

Post Number: 3
hmm...
would you say that oen is better than the other for different types of music, cos I'm not gonna be listening to classical... more fast guitars and rocky stuff, so i'm guessing i want an articulate speaker and the same time.. want it to sound pretty bassy(which i know they both have a lot of).

Username: Goodears

Post Number: 5
The B&W would give you better bass response. More tight and controlled. and over all more than the wharfedales.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 131
Not sure about the bass but I think that either one you would be happy. Hard to answer your question. I have listened to both as I mentioned and liked the Wharfedale better (to my surprise) B&W is an excellent company BUT speakers are a relative thing to each persons ears. You can listen to 1000$ or 10000$ speakers and like the cheaper one (price wise) better. Sometimes, high end speakers dwell on wood finishes and brass this or gold that and not really concentrate on sound as much. I do not think B&W is that type of company but be careful of only relying on name brand. Maybe you could upgrade to the Wharfedale 9.3 with 8" woofer. I have heard it and it is very powerful for a great price.....probably in the region of the B&W. It is not bright at all like many I heard but very smooth.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us