Need help in setting up home theatre

Username: Antonferns

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I live in India. I want to setup a 7.1 home theatre system. Budget around 70K rupees. I would need a DVD player, 7.1 speaker setup (with active sub) and AV receiver to be included in the budget.

I thought of using the Sony STRDE897 receiver with the Sony SAVS300H 7.1 speaker system and the Sony DVP-NC675P DVD player

Your suggestions please.

Thanks
Anthony

edster922
Unregistered guest
I have no idea what 70K rupees is and what the price of electronics is in India, HOWEVER I can tell you that Sony receivers and speakers are generally NOT of good quality. Their CD/DVD players though are not bad at the entry level mass market prices.

Instead of Sony I would look at Pioneer, Marantz, Harman Kardon for the receiver, or even Onkyo would be better than Sony.

For speakers I would look at some British speakers like Mordaunt Short since I would imagine you can probably find them in India.

But the only thing Sony makes that's really good nowadays is their tube TVs and their optical drives and their digital cameras/camcorders. Everything else is just them feeding off their big name recognition but mediocre quality.

Username: Jet2001

Post Number: 9
I've been happy with my Sony STR-DE835 for over five years now. If the Sony product does what you want it to, it's not a bad purchase.

I do have to agree with edster about their speakers though, they're not up to par with many of the other brands out there.

I also have no idea how much 70K rupees is worth...sorry.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us