AT power supplies... (Please help)

Unregistered guest
I know this has been asked a billion times on this forum but I am a bit confused. I'm trying to connect an old 300 watt power supply to a 200 watt Jensen car amplifier. I'm not sure if the power supply is a non-standard ATX or an AT.. it has an 8 pin connector that goes into the motherboard (unlike the ATX 20 pin style), and a large black cable (with green, blue, white, gray, and black cables inside) coming out the psu, seperated from the rest of the wires. I'm pretty sure its AT though.

Anyways, how would I go forward to connecting it to my car amp if it has only one 12+ (yellow) wire and loads of orange and black wires? Also, how would i set up the switch so the psu turns on?

Help, would be so GREATLY appreciated. Thank you in advance :-)

Unregistered guest
Ok, so far I figured out how to start up the psu.. it's an AT psu. I also figured out how to get the 5 volt load necessary so that the +12v rail can get full load. I installed a 10 ohm 10 watt resistor but the fan i connected to it (to see if it works) turns off in 3-4 seconds after i turn on the psu. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us