Tiger .01 amps

Username: Ercouper

Post Number: 1
Does anyone remember a Texas company called Southwest Tech. Products Corp. from the 70's that made the Tiger 01 60W mono power amp kits? They were great sounding amps and were direct-coupled push/pull throughout with only one input coupling cap.. If anyone has any additional info. or schematic, etc., please post it. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3238

Ben - I'm going to bet you once had a system with the Tiger.01, an S.A.E. X-X-X pre amp, a BIC 960 turntable with a ADC XLM III cartridge, and a pair of Dalhquist DQ-10's.

"Cheap - but not dirty" was SWTP's slogan. The kit form of the Tiger .01 sold for $77, factory assembled units went for $110. Both were postage paid prices.

I never owned a Tiger .01, I was busy at the time with my Radford and Dayton Wright system.

Username: Ercouper

Post Number: 5
You are very correct on the SWTP info.. I had forgotten exactly how much they were but $77 it was.
However, at the time I had a pair of Bose 901's, a Dual 721 TT w/ shure V15, and a Marantz 1060 (using as preamp). I remember the Tiger's as sounding very good until one blew up at which time I bought a 500 Marantz and replaced the Bose with the Infinity QLS 1's that I still have. Ah nostalgia, what a potent drug!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3246

"I remember the Tiger's as sounding very good until one blew up"

If I remeber correctly, that was the fate of all the Tiger .01's and SWTP could not support the service required. As far as I know SWTP went out of business as "SWTP" shortly after the Tiger became popular.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us