Help!!!

Username: Swinkl

Post Number: 1
I just bought an OG 550 5.1 channel surrounding system. however, I brought it out of the country, and I need to know what king of converter I need. the power input if obviously 120 v. but I am not sure what wattage I need. the spec are: PMPO 1800w; input sesitivity Subwoofer 200mv, sattelite speakers 200 mv. the frequecy responce for the subwoofer is, 100hz - 500hz and for the sattelites, 150Hz - 20 KHz, they both need impedance of 4 ohms. Please help me. you can email me.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 396
Sorry,

Too vague.

Post Number: 2
what else do you need? can you give me a range? between how many watts and how many watts? what other inforation can I give you?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 421
I'm not sure what you're asking. If the receiver and wall have the same voltage - 120v, that's all you have to worry about.

Silver Member

Post Number: 401
Knowing the country of purchase, or new destination probably wouldnt hurt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
Knowing the country of purchase, or new destination probably wouldnt hurt. I know nothing about world 'electricity' though, but I do know that when I visited the Orient, I needed special adaptors to plug in anything electronic.

Post Number: 3
sorry I wanst clearer. the wall is 240v and the Reciver is 120v. I bought the reciever in the USA and took it to Israel. I hope this is enough info.

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 1586
Your electrical supplier should be able to help with a step down converter/transformer.

Post Number: 4
I know what the power output of the wall is, I just need to know what kind of eletrical converter to buy before I can plpug in my system.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2831
Are you looking for a brand name on the transformer?
You should get a transformer that can match or exceed the current consumption of your receiver. Like MyRantz already said, go to your local electrical supply store and ask them for a step down transformer. Bring your manual with you so you can show them the specs, you'd want to get the right amperage and wattage.

Post Number: 5
thanx man. just that all the info I had I posted here. you think that at an electronics store they'll know more?

Anonymous

Dude, here's the scoop.
The voltage is the first of two issues. You need a step-down transformer that will reduce your 240 volts to 120 volts.
The second issue is power handling. How many watts is your receiver rated for? For example, if you had 7 channels times 100 watts each, that's 700 watts total. You also need extra power available just for turning on the receiver to run it's lights, circuits etc. So in this case you'll need 700 watts plus about 200 watts for a total of 900 watts. So, in summary you need a transformer to drop the voltage to 120 volts (plus or minus 10 volts is no prob.) and power rating of at least 900 watts.
mz

Post Number: 6
thanx man, I apreciate it!!!

Only Mike
Unregistered guest
No sweat!
mz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help