Infinity/onkyo setup needs help

Username: Erexkiss

Post Number: 9
Hey everyone, i posted this on the receivers forum but i didnt get much advice, so i hope you guys will have some useful inforation for me. I recently bought a pair of infinity entra three speakers refurbished, and an onkyo tx sv-424. When the receiver got here, i noticed that the balance knob didnt work, there is no pontentiometer inside either. But i hooked them up thinking they will work well nonetheless, and when i listened to them, i noticed that the right speaker sounds louder, and it is kind of distorted. I figured it was because of the malfunctioning balance knob. Then i rolled the positives of both speakers and the negatives of both speakers together and connected them to the center speaker input. They sounded balanced, but the bass is really punchy and i have to turn the bass all the way down to the minimum, if i want it to sould alright. Still, the sound is pretty bad. So i figured that its the receiver that i have to replace (bought a TEAC AG790 recently). do u guys think that it is solely the receiver's fault that i get bad sound, and not the speakers'?
Also, the bass is still punchy, is it because it is connected to the center speaker input?
Thanks!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us