Help t752 owners

dong
Unregistered guest
I had just purchase a Nad t752 and very happy with it playing music in stereo mode. But on DVDs, it seems it lacks power. My room is only 12' x 18' but i have to bring the volume to -5db to 0db in order to attain sufficient loudness. This volume setting is near maximum which +14db. Is this also true with yours? Is this normal with this receiver? Im using b&w dm601s3 front and dm303 rear. No center yet.
Another thing is , it does not recognise "EARS" on both analog and digital input. Will you please let me know if its normal or its a faulty rceiver?
Thanks

Username: Phred

Post Number: 1
I have a T752 with Heybrook speakers (average sensitivity).

For me it depends on the DVD, but I have had it between -10db and 0db on a couple of occasions. Mostly it's around -20db. Since I live in an apartment I don't play it particularly loud. However, +14db is VERY LOUD so I wouldn't worry too much about getting too close to the top.

Perhaps lacking a centre means you have to crank it up a bit to compensate?

I think for EARS you need a full set of speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 72
I would agree with Phred. The center channel is the one where mainly you get the dialogue. If you add a center channel, you may get the boost you are looking for.

dong
Unregistered guest
Thanks Phred and Jonathan.
I borrowed a center speaker from a friend and the sound level increases. Also, "EARS" was recognised. Thanks to both of you guys.
But i have another concern. I noticed that the fan isnt functioning. I removed the cover and play a movie. For about 1 hour, the fan is still dead. Can you make some comments on this?
Another thing, I have a question on <setup_menu>. Under <advanced_options> there is "OSD TEMP DISP". And on the remote there is a label "THX", above the record button. Could you tell me what are those?
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 235
dong,

Do not worry about the fan. It only kicks in when it needs to. If it is off all the time, that is usually a good sign.

Your manual will tell you about set-up options. If you do not have a user manual already, you can download one in pdf format from the NAD web site, under "Support".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us