Need suggestions for subwoofer suitable amp replacement

Username: Cgeorge

Santa cruz, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
It is finally time for me to find a substitute for my ailing, ancient NAD 3155 integrated amp. However, I have a particular need: I have a custom sub that takes a pre-out feed from the amp, but when the sub was made, the guys who built it did something to my amp. Ordinarily the pre-out on the NAD is for bridging, but they made some sort of internal connection that makes it available for the sub while the amp section continues to run in stereo, non-bridged mode.
My question is, 1) what amps would you suggest as a contemporary upgrade (for say 1k or less), and 2) will I have any problems finding integrated amps that can provide a pre-out line feed to the sub without defeating their own amp section? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. With the sub I have a pair of Spica TC-50s, modified and bi-wired, and an Arcam CD72.

Bronze Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 28
I suggest a new NAD C352. Pre outs can be used for sub with any new NAD. The latest NAD's have been getting alot of critical acclaim. I have an NAD pre amp and use one set of pre outs for the power amp and the other for my sub.

Username: Cgeorge

Santa cruz, Ca Usa

Post Number: 2
Thanks! I'm very interested by the NAD's second set of pre-outs. I'm also checking out the Arcam 65.

Bronze Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 35
Arcam makes a wonderful product but it's more expensive.

Bronze Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 36
Arcam makes a wonderful product but it's more expensive.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us