Onkyo + JBL --> other room?

Username: Kytango

Post Number: 1
for my family room (12x12), i am looking to purchase:
- Onkyo TX-SR502 6.1-Channel Audio/Video Surround Receiver (Black)
- JBL SCS136SI 7-Piece 100-Watt Home Theater Speaker System
- or, JBL SCS160SI 7-Piece 150-Watt Home Theater Speaker System

i plan to purchase a media router so i can stream music from my PC upstairs down to the Onkyo and JBL (which will be in my family room downstairs). my main purpose is to listen to music, rather than DVDs.

i have a few questions:
- i believe this Onkyo will allow me to play music on the 6.1 in one room and also the same music in another room with a pair of stereo speakers, right?
- for the price, is there a better value out there?
- can you recommend a wireless pair of speakers? what kind of output does it have into my receiver?

any other thoughts?

thanks for your help and attention
ky

Username: Kothrush

Post Number: 4
I have JBL E30 hooked up to yamaha 5750 and its awesome. I did not have extra $$ to go up to HK 235 for the receiver. But, if you have extra $75 bucks , you can get HK 235 over onkyo. Unless you have compared both and like onkyo, I strongly suggest you to consider HK insteard of onkyo.
HK goes better with JBL. HK will also allow you to do 6.1 in one room and stereo in other.
If you are really into music , I would say go and listen to marantz . I have no personal experience with marantz , but I have heard that they do better in Music than others.

Erik Rogers
Unregistered guest
It sounds like you are looking for a low-mid end system. Might I suggest you go to your local compusa. They are getting rid of their home theater equipment and selling everything off very cheap.

I picked up the Wharfedale Moviestar 70+ for $150 which normally retails for $500

I was also able to pick up the Harman Kardon AVR 330 for $250 which normally retails around $500

Just a thought. You might have to go with their floor models though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us