Speakers help!

Username: Kingdome1964

Post Number: 1
Hello, I need to come up with more speakers.
I am getting the Pioneer Elite - VSX-56TXi, and I have a B&W sub and 2 rear definitive surrounds and I want to do a 7.1 system. What else do I need?
I have around $1,000 for more speakers.
I don't want anything too big for my fronts, maybe wall mounts? (I don't know)..I was hoping not to put anything on the floor, but it's not out of the question..The room is about 14x16.
Too many options and I am far from an expert.
Please help me out, thanks!

Username: Kingdome1964

Post Number: 3
oh, i also have a klipsch center speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 118
take a look at paradigm if you are thinking about on walls. The monitor series of on walls are terriffic, with sound that will rival that of their monitor 5.

Be cautioned though, that they might not blend to your liking (mine anyway) with your center channel.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 202
Terry,

I would probably start by looking at klipsch since they will match your center manufacturer. To me, buying matching manufacturers is not the 'end-all', but it's certainly a great starting point, especially considering they are up front.

The front/center is the most important part of your surround system, so be sure to sound test carefully and dont get too wrapped up in what other people say. Let your ears be the judge!! Afer all, your're going to be the one living with them.

I woudnt hesitate to buy from another manufacturer either if the largest and best sounding and speaker was another brand. Once you hook it up, if it turns out they dont blend well together, you can always return them. Also, I would never buy speakers without listening to them first. I realize there are popular models who sell exclusively on the web, but thats just me. If I cant hear them before buying and compare them against my top contenders, I'd never consider them regardless of how good they are. To me, thats like buying a car based on a photo.

Anonymous

sdat all the way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us