HK 7200 and Speakers

Eric
Unregistered guest
Hi there,

Got my HK 7200 recently and are hunting for some matching floorstanding speakers. Would Athena, Def Tech, or Klipsch be a good match? Anybody has any experience with the following speakers: Athena S2/P2 (or S3/P2), Def Tech BT2006, or Klipsch RF-5 (or RF-35)? Any other speakers under $1200/pair worth looking?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Have a good long weekend!

Bronze Member
Username: Gdawg

Post Number: 81
Eric,

While I dont have experience with Klipsch RF-5's, I have put a lot of time on my very similar RF-7's.

They are great speakers, especialy combined with a HK. That 7200 could push the extremely easy to drive Klipsch to VERY loud levels.

Any one of those speakers would work well with the HK, you just need to find a place that carries atleast 2 pairs of those speakers, and rent a forklift to carry your HK into the store!:-)

I know, because carrying the box of my ELite 59TXi up my stairs just about threw out my back!

G.DawG

Bronze Member
Username: Sgtpeper

Post Number: 48
You should try out some monitor audio speakers. I have the S8s and I really do love them for fronts. I got mine for under 1200 from a registered dealer here in colorado. If you look around most dealers will be able to deal and give you a great deal.. Man thats a lot of deal in one sentence. Anyway they are wonderful speakers and I personally liked them better than the klipsch or the athenas.

Eric
Unregistered guest
Thanks, guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us