Heart attack!

Anonymous

hey guys. i just thought id post to see if this has ever happend to you.

my daughter was listening to music last night and all was fine. this morning when i turn it on i get blasted in the face because it was at -6db. scared the Sh!t outa me! felt my heart go up in my throat lol. she has to remember to turn it down before she shuts it off! lol has this ever happend to you?

igotshockedtoo
Unregistered guest
Yes it has, happened to me in a audio store. Some idiot turned one of the systems to max so when YOU the consumer powers it, it goes crazy. Taught me a lesson, always roll the volume down while powering up.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 289
I own the HK 430. You can have the volume on a select level upon power on. I have it set at -30dB, but even that will blast if you power it onto FM radio. Still forget to turn it down when switching inputs sometimes. Funniest one was watching a movie at around -5dB, and switching it to XBOX, Mortal Kombat was in and it blasted, "FINISH HIM!!" .... It almost did LOL

Silver Member
Username: Smitty

Canada

Post Number: 172
What's a thread on ecoustics without an NAD plug? :-)

My NAD T742 sets the volume to -20dB on power up if it was powered off at a louder setting.

Silver Member
Username: Rkvfire

Vancouver, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 180
LMAO!!!! kano hahhhhhh!!! funniest thing ive heard today thanx for that :-) lol just thought id share my lill even tht happend haha.

Bronze Member
Username: Divin11112000

Michigan

Post Number: 15
I've done that a few times switching inputs. The FM & CD volume is about 3x as loud as my dvd volume so when I switch inputs if i'm not paying attention I get kicked back into my seat. After the first few times during the switching i just hold the volume button down till its low.

Bronze Member
Username: Canuckinapickle

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 23
I have a NAD T753 .. it to turns the volume down to -20dB automatically before powerup. I'll keep igotshockedtoo's story in mind though the next time I'm in an a/v shop!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us