Pioneer VSX -1014tx vs Elite 52TX From the Horses Mouth

jdsmoooth
Unregistered guest
What an interesting debate over the 1014 and the 52tx. I purchased a 1014 yesterday, but not before I spoke to Pioneer. I was told that the chasis on the 52tx was built to resist vibration a llittle better and that the leads on the elite are gold. Besisdes multi room, warranty, and RS232.... I was told, by a Pioneer Rep, that these units are Identical and sound exactly the same.
Go Figure
I have Klipsch KLF 30 Speakers and the 1014 has really tamed the severe high end sounds I used to get from my Sony DA50ES.
However if you can give me agood reason to go back and buy the Elite model instead I'd love to hear it. Or if you think this is the way to go , I'd like to hear that argument also.
Your Comments are Greatly Appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Earful

Post Number: 55
I and Realelitefan was told by Pioneer that they are different. When I asked about specific brand DACs they could not tell me and transferred me to the professional DJ department as if they could help. I was so frustrated I emailed Pioneer and asked them if they did not know what parts they put in their receivers. They emailed me back and said they were Delta Sigma. Their site at the time showed Delta Sigma for some receivers and did not mention what the others were. Someone had mentioned seeing both receivers with the covers off and that they had Burr Brown DACs. Pioneer denies that but it appears you can hear different things depending on who you talk to at Pioneer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us