Speakers for HK130?

Anonymous

What are the best speakers to go with my new Harman Kardon 130.

Thank you all

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny

Post Number: 87
Anon,

What is your budget?

Anonymous

up to 1000 but preferably as less as posible

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny

Post Number: 88
Anon,

HK receivers are known for being very mellow and warm. Therefore, they sound best when paired with speakers that tend to the bright side. Based on that and your budget, I would recommend that you look at Athena speakers. I have never heard them paired with HK, but I have listened to them with other receivers and they definately tend to be brighter. They are very reasonably priced and are an excellent buy for the money. They are readily available at Best Buy. In your price range, you might also check out Infinity or Klipsh, both of which are also readily available and Circuit City and Best Buy. Klipsh is very nice...I was never that impressed by Infinity, but some on this forum seem to enjoy them very much.

Anonymous

Thank you very very much :-)

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 200
If possible in your area check out the Monitor Audio Bronze Series. Very nice for a budget line and perfect match with H/K.

Username: Deepak

Post Number: 5
im sorry to jump in like this, but i have read elitefan expertise on amps and speakers, my question relates to the topic here. are the mission a good match with the HK and marants? also which amp would be better for HT,but also some music. now they have the new mission speakers whats your thoughts on that. thankyou

Bronze Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 60
elitefan, I disagree on your suggestion for the HK130 as being MA B2's. These speakers will be hard for the 130 to keep up with. They are nominal 6 ohm and 89d. Too much speaker for that little A/V receiver.

Post Number: 6
if fact anybody can answer my question. thankyou

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Post Number: 304
Deepak:

As I wrote on another thread, Missions were not well distributed here in North America as they were rather poorly distributed by Denon USA--consequently, most of us have not heard them. I, on the other hand, not only have heard them, I actually own a pair of the M71s. IMO, the Missions would be a very good choice for the H/K line of receivers. The Missions are very dynamic, fast and a bit aggressive with pretty detailed highs. The Harman/Kardon receivers, by contrast, are a bit softer sounding than most receivers. Whatever edginess the Missions might have will be tamed by the H/K receiver, blending to make a very nice sound. Conversely, the H/K will sound more dynamic thanks to the Mission speakers. Thus, a good combo.

What Missions and which H/K did you have in mind?

Post Number: 7
the new mission line of speakers which are affordable are the m3 series and the volare. im not sure which modle HK be good for a 25sq meter room. i know that there is the harman 5.1 or should i get a 7.1 dont really know. could u also let me know about the marantz in comparision to HK. which would u go for. Thanks

Post Number: 8
for Hawk again. could u also compair the Denon to the rest of the amp iv mentioned. thankyou
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us